Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I can't act like this anymore

Im student teaching in second grade. None of the kids have been sick, but one of the other teachers was out with a stomach virus yesterday that her whole family has had. She was back and just fine today, but we work closely. I wash my hands constantly... but it just might not be enough.

I need to stop acting like this. I'm being ridiculous. Why is this so scary for us you guys?
    ☮ ♥ emma

Default Re: I can't act like this anymore

Its so crazy how much we can feel so up and down. that seems to be where i am in the whole phobia. ill feel on top of the world for two-three days and then boom i get a belly twinge and i spiral out of control and cant stop obsessing. i hear someone has been ill and my bosy freaks out even though i had just been mentally fine laughing. its so frustrating because i feel like a crazy person with so many ups and downs.

i want to stop obsessing over who is ill, who has had "it", blah blah blah.

so i tell myself, its fine, im going to be okay, im alive, im fine over and over and over, and i feel like im a nut.

like will i have to do this EVERY day for the rest of my life.

i think about v* EVERYDAY. not just once a day... but 100s of times.

Same here. I had the dreaded virus a year ago. I thought it might help me.. it obviously didn't. My parents say this is a new fear... started only 6 or 7 years ago. It doesn't make sense.
    ☮ ♥ emma

it really doesnt make sense at all.
    how did you get the bug?

I don't even know. It was the day after Christmas so I feel like it was from an aunt or someone who made food for Christmas brunch. My sister got it the night after I had it. The scary part was that i had no idea and still have no idea who was even sick to make me sick!!
    ☮ ♥ emma

This fear is irrational, if it wasn't it wouldn't be a phobia. That's why it's so hard.

Keep in mind that your colleague and her family may have had food poisoning and not a sv.

Quote Originally Posted by emmalou View Post
    Im student teaching in second grade. None of the kids have been sick, but one of the other teachers was out with a stomach virus yesterday that her whole family has had. She was back and just fine today, but we work closely. I wash my hands constantly... but it just might not be enough.

I need to stop acting like this. I'm being ridiculous. Why is this so scary for us you guys?
    because were extrodinary people, even though im a different type of emet im the same i make my mum disinfect the whole house, more then once, which she does anyway but its never enough, i carry hand sanitiser around with me everywhere i go because im scared of catching something and passing it on, if that makes sense, i hope you feel better soon xxxxxxx