Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Acidy tummy... Need help can't sleep

I had been fine all day really didn't eat too much etc went out to get my nails done and I was hungry all I wanted to do was eat... I got home and made Asian pot stickers and rice, it was kinda spicy but it was yummy and than I had ginger ale and chocolate cupcakes! Started to feel a little indigestion and than it passed I thought it may have been me ovulating as its like 13days till my next period... But now I tried to sleep and I can't and I'm so scared its a sv.
    I'm drinking tea and it's going down fine along with water...

What should I do?!

Default Re: Acidy tummy... Need help can't sleep

I went to an Italian restaurant last night and had duck.... I'm scared . My bf said I look fine and hes not sick...

Sure you are ok! You had a lot of rich foods that just need to digest! Try to relax maybe try rubbing your belly in a counter clockwise motion!

I feel like gas need to pass... I dont feel sick... Just idk ugh I hate nights like this.... I would t be able to drink tea right if I was sick... I've felt yuck for a few hours now...

I feel ya! I'm already less than two weeks from my period and I felt like I JUST got over it for darn sakes! I'm ovulating right now and it always makes me feel just generally unwell and it's totally normal! Chocolate cupcakes and spicy food will definitely cause indigestion. Unfortunately, even though I am aware of virtually all my trigger foods, I can't control myself haha. You're definitely not sick! I hope you were able to fall asleep!

Quote Originally Posted by jennnh View Post
    I feel like gas need to pass... I dont feel sick... Just idk ugh I hate nights like this.... I would t be able to drink tea right if I was sick... I've felt yuck for a few hours now...
    By the way, do you have Gas X? It's my best friend :P

Fell asleep for a couple more hours now Im up again feeling weird... Ugh.... I hate this.... Food doesn't sound bad I can drink water... I just feel yuck... And I know I do this every month... But why am I freaking out?

I don't I have malox... I also took a ginger pill...

I'm sure the ginger supplement will help you out! Ginger works wonders for nausea/stomach upset. I truly think it's anxiety. I sometimes wake up in a panic and it's frustrating but you just have to think rationally. I know, I know....WAY easier said than done. Just try and relax. You will feel better.

Not sure if it was mentioned already but, what i always do is take some baking soda and water and stir about 1/2 teaspoon into 4oz of water, let it dissolve completely and sip on it till you feel better. It works as an acid neutralizer beacause the pH of the baking soda is basic. Not gonna lie it tastes pretty bad (salty/bitter) but it does help alot. Hope you feel better!

how will i know im sick???! im just scared because i cant sleep and that was what happened to me 15 years ago when i got a sv.... .....

Well im pretty sure you dont have fp from the duck, sound like you just have some indegestion and anxiety is just fueling your yucky feelings. Try to relax, take some deep breaths and try to take your mind off of the thoughts of 'what if'

im sipping some more tea and water... i want to go for a walk... sometimes that helps me...

but its 4 am and its like 10 degrees out.

I've done that before--going on a walk in the dead of winter really, really late at night or really early in the morning haha however you would like to look at it. It always helps me relax when I am able to get some fresh air. Just stand out on your porch or go into the backyard for a few minutes. It should help calm you down.

my stomach chest area feels tight...like i am sitting and keep wanting to stretch up because it feels like its crushing... is this my stomach being full?!! i dont feel full.... ugh i am freaking out...........i havent had a post or night like this is so long..... why tonight.. why now?!!

are hormones setting me off?!

It's definitely anxiety. I get strange feelings in my chest and it feels like it's tightening up when I am in the midst of a panic attack. Just REALLY focus on calming yourself down. Talk to yourself even...say 'I'm going to be just fine'. Say it until you believe it. That's the trick--you have to believe you will be. I do think it's possible hormones could be playing a role in this as well.
    Last edited by DeadxxInside92; 01-19-2012 at 03:29 AM.

They could be if your getting closer to your period, maybe your posture was bad and gas is getting atrapped?

i keep saying to myself ill be fine and im calming down now, but then i feel tired and want to fall asleep again and than i think about waking up feeling s*. i have felt s* yet ive just woken up thinking omg this isnt normal or whatever...

i HAVENT* felt s* yet.. **** oops.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadxxInside92 View Post
    It's definitely anxiety. I get strange feelings in my chest and it feels like it's tightening up when I am in the midst of a panic attack. Just REALLY focus on calming yourself down. Talk to yourself even...say 'I'm going to be just fine'. Say it until you believe it. That's the trick--you have to believe you will be. I do think it's possible hormones could be playing a role in this as well.
    Agree^^^
    Ive been in your situation before jennnh, where you feel like it did the last time you were sick. What helped tremendously is to calm yourself and tell yourself you WILL be fine and eventually the panic went down and the stomach issue i had went away in time.

I understand that, believe me. It's 4:30 am where I am and I have to be up in less than three hours...just keep trying to calm yourself down. I know it's really hard to not worry and have those thoughts creep up on you, but keep trying to push them out of your mind!

i keeps going down then i think of something and boom there it is again. i now have a little headache pain on the right side of my head...
    ginger tea is still going down fine and im having gut sounds with no n*.... what does this mean.....

Trust us that it's anxiety. It really, truly is. I know exactly what you're going through though so you are definitely not alone. I've experienced many uncomfortable nights such as what you have described. It will pass. I know it's frustrating, but it will. However, it will pass sooner if you keep working to calm your nerves. You'll feel better soon

deadxxinside92....your words have made me feel so much better you are such a great person... i am going to try and get some rest as i have to be up at 630... if you dont mind my asking.. where on the east coast are you??

I'm glad I could help! Thank you that made my day!! I hope you are able to get some peaceful rest. I live in Ohio..need I say more? haha

Think of something that makes you happy or really safe, and picture that your there and that feeling of calmness/happiness. This usually helps me to take my mind off of things.

im finally feeling fine... almost hungry... haha wow emet sucks.. i could have been sleeping like my boyfriend who is normal. and i wouldnt be tired for work. ugh well im glad i feel better... thank you everyone for all your help and support... i would go insane without all of you.

No problem ^ - ^ glad your feeling better