Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Need advice for the weekend!

So at the weekend, my in laws are coming to pop round, probably get a take out or maybe stay for a coffee, that sort of thing. We moved recently so they're coming round to have a look now we've unpacked a few boxes.

But guess what I've just now heard. My other halfs nanny is ill. And I just found out she can barely stay out of the bathroom, as his mum put it!

Now this lady is in her 60's/70's (which is worrying enough on it's own). She's had it for the past two days. My in laws are planning on going round and delivery shopping, probably before the weekend and then they';re going to come here!

What about if they go on Saturday, touch something she has, and then bring it here?!

I'm so scared, please help! My boyfriend has been amazing and said he could try and get them to come round Monday evening instead but I'm not sure what difference that would make?

Default Re: Need advice for the weekend!

Do you know how good their hygiene is? If they are good with washing their hands a lot, you should be okay....but for your ease of mind, I would definitely see if they can come another day.

Do they know about your fear?

Default Re: Need advice for the weekend!

The sv should be gone by that point (if they are coming saturday and they dont get sick). I would see if they could come on another day, but if they can't I think you should be in the clear. Just wash your hands a ton around them and you should be fine.