Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: newbie

Hybrid View

Default newbie

Hi, I just found this site. I've never liked throwing up, since I was a kid, but I had s.v really bad New Years Day (And no, it wasn't a hangover)
    Since then, every time I feel a bit off, I get a panic attack. I've lost almost 15 pounds in 2 and a half weeks because I'm scared to eat. I can't be alone, I don't want to go to sleep, it's taken over my life.

I'm a teacher, so I'm always dealing with kids and germs, and now I'm so paranoid. Everything I do, I wonder if that will make me v*. I'm trying to see a therapist, but I haven't had any call me back yet, but I need help, my brain isn't allowing me to be logical right now.

I'm already on meds for generalized anxiety, but they do nothing to help this. I just need some support right now to get through this, and figure out how to deal with this. It's a little comforting to know I'm not alone.

Thanks!

Default Re: newbie

Welcome. No you are not alone. As you can see there are lots of people out there with the same fears as you. I hope you enjoy it here as much as I have.