Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question How do you change your profile pic?

URGH i can't change my avatar pic thingie: i make sure it meets all the requirements of size and stuff, but my computer won't let me put in a pic unless its from the internet. help please?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: How do you change your profile pic?

The profile pic and the avatar pic are two different things, but both have the same size and file size requirements. Is your image over 2 MB? That tends to be the underlying problem when those things act up

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

i made sure to check, and all the ones ive tried are the right amount of mg. sorry, i meant to say avatar pic

How are you importing them...from your saved photos on your computer. I've efound that the only way i can change my pic is if it meets the requirements and it was stored/saved in the photoes folder of my computer. I cant take it directly from email, desktop or my phone. that may just be for my tempermental computer but I hope it helps!

i cant take from email or desktop either, but i also can't do it from the saved computer photos... i can only get ones off of google images. :'(

What format is it saved in? I'm not su what the restrictions are, but many sites only accept gifs or Jpegs.

Maybe you can try uploading a new pic from a different computer???

how do you make something gifs or jpegs? xD
    @drizzle i've tried my other computers but it doesn't work. rawr!

Usually you can open the image in paint or another program (you can use pixlr.com too) and then save as gif or jpeg.

ok lemme try that!

dang it it didn't work! :'( MY COMPUTER HATES MEEEEEE D:

Sorry I dont have any more ideas...my computer hates me a lot of times too
    i do like you avatar though

lol thanks

oh my gosh i was just trying again and it totally workeeeeeeeedddddddddd! thank you guys so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wohoo! Did you find out what was causing the issue?

lol i think it just didn't like the jpeg because i tried saving as something else and IT WORKED!

this pic is in honor of my brother who is turning eight on monday. ^.^ he's the shorter one in the pic LOL