Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Here we go again!

So when I picked my 4 year old up from school today one mom starts asking everyone if any of the kids have had this nasty bug thats going around. One of the twins that is in my daughters class had it. She just kept going on and on about it and everything time someone walked in she would ask them. I was freaking out so bad on the inside and wanted to tell her to just stop talking about it. Now I will just be a wreck all weekend.

Default Re: Here we go again!

I know exactly how you feel.. I am on panic mode constantly right now that the kids are going to catch another SV.. even though they had one back in November... and both had something in December too. But really it's probably been "going around" for awhile.. just not everyone announces it. But it's so frustrating.. reading about it on facebook and hearing about it at work.. makes you just want to go into hiding! Hang in there!

The thing that jumps out at me from this is i wonder if the other mum is a bit emet to be grilling everyone like that!

I hope Sage doesn't mind but here is a line from the norovirus page on her website (http://www.emetophobiahelp.org/norovirus.html) that may help you:

No matter how much of an “outbreak” of the virus is in your geographic area, you are at no greater risk of catching it than if only one person has it. Good hygiene will ensure you are safe.

I hate it too when i hear of an outbreak amongst people i know but you are no more at risk by knowing there is an outbreak than being ignorant to it - in fact you could look upon it as a good thing that you know because it means you can be a bit more careful until it dies down?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That gives me hope...maybe even though it seems like there is a huge outbreak in the area maybe my stepkids wont catch it...especially since they had it in the fall....maybe we'll be ok. I just feel like its inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by paulinek View Post
    The thing that jumps out at me from this is i wonder if the other mum is a bit emet to be grilling everyone like that!

I hope Sage doesn't mind but here is a line from the norovirus page on her website (http://www.emetophobiahelp.org/norovirus.html) that may help you:

No matter how much of an “outbreak” of the virus is in your geographic area, you are at no greater risk of catching it than if only one person has it. Good hygiene will ensure you are safe.

I hate it too when i hear of an outbreak amongst people i know but you are no more at risk by knowing there is an outbreak than being ignorant to it - in fact you could look upon it as a good thing that you know because it means you can be a bit more careful until it dies down?
    Sounds like she is scared to me...people who are not afrain do not really think twice about it...