Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Bleachy hands, help!

I'm a bit concenred i've eaten bleach... I just wiped down the kitchen surface with a part cleaner part bleach spray, and I filled the sink with this spray and water etc. And then I just ate and apple and I just realised my hands smell very bleachy and i'm worried i've consumed bleach... I mean I rinsed the clothes out with cold water after and washed a bowl with soap and water at one point too so maybe I got the bleach off.

Am I being ridiculous? I didn't know who else to turn, I feel my housemates get a bit exasperated with all my cleaning and my constant worry about being sick! Any help is much appreciated.

Default Re: Bleachy hands, help!

Oh and my main concern is that consuming bleach will make me v*!

ah you said you washed the clothes and the bowl, you would have washed it off...just think, bleach is strong smelling and so the smell may remain on your hands even when the stuff comes off.

you'll be okay :-)

actually, the bleach would kill anything lurking in your stomach/intestines. If you've ever accidentally swallowed pool water, you've eaten bleach It is absolutely harmless in small quantities like that.
    You will be fine

i clean with bleach alot at work.....that smell stays on your hands for quite a while......it won't hurt you.

we use bleach in our drinking water when we have hurricanes and water gets shut off for a while........remember they use chlorine in pools and people swallow that all the time.

don't worry
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ugh when i clean the bathroom at my house my hands ALWAYS end up reeking of bleach. i haven't gotten sick from it, don't worry.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.