Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Stomach virus in my school

One teacher I work closely with had it. Now another one does today too. I'm babysitting all day. For seven more hours. I'm not feeling well. My stomach is making gross noises and my back hurts. I know it could be pure anxiety... but I really might have been exposed this time...

Ugh dang it. What would a normal person do?
    ☮ ♥ emma

Default Re: Stomach virus in my school

you're not feeling well because your anxious...no reason why you would have caught it. you know the rules, people aren't contagious until they v* and you, like myself, are hygiene concious i imagine!

Try stretching out, relax, i bet your back aches because you're all tensed up! stand up, do some stretche... distract yourself, put something good on tv and take it easy! :-)

I know... I tried some crackers and water. I just feel weird. I probably need real food.
    ☮ ♥ emma

I know how you fee, 2 years ago in my last year of school the bug went round the school and it was particularly prominent in my year group. I was sooo scared all the time, I had work after school working with little children and I rang up sick I was so scared, and I took 2 days off school! I barely slept and barely ate, I was basically a complete wreck!

Anyway point of the story is I regret soo much letting it control my life so badly. Guess what, I didn't get sick! I, like you, felt queasy and unwell at a lot, and I now in hindsight know that every night that I felt like I was going to v* it was purely the anxiety and nerves. I'm sure it's the same for you, you'll most likely be fine. Going out for walks in the fresh air and watching films, focusing on school work etc was always good for me to keep my mind of it as much as possible.

I talked to the student teacher and she v* once and feels better today...

Still scary as H E double hockey sticks though...
    ☮ ♥ emma

Uhhhhh god... I ate some lunch and it didn't go well. My stomach sounds like a water balloon and it is being sooooo loud. It feels so gross and I'm even having pain. Four more hours of babysitting... Oh my gosh...
    ☮ ♥ emma