Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default My body feels confused ... :(

I need some general advice with how I'm feeling which I hope is okay...

For the past four days, at least, I have had stomach problems. Basically I havehad terrible wind, and then in the evening, horrible cramps which end up in me having slightly loose and lots of bowel movements. It eventually goes but I feel so n* and uncomfortable.

Well tonight feels different. I had 'the shakes' earlier which I often get when I'm hungry. So made some dinner about half five. About two hours ago I had the 'expected' pains and bowel movements. I did some washing up and sat down eventually with my other half for tv and sweeties. But now the n* is back, quite bad, and stomach aches, though I still have the shakes a little?!

It doesn't help my in laws are round next week and theyhavd been in contact with my other halves nanny who has had a bad sv*. I'm beside myself.

Default Re: My body feels confused ... :(

It doesn't sound like an sv to me. With it happening every evening for 4 days, I think if it were an sv then you would have either vomited by now, or the virus would be passing and you would be on the road to recovery. It sounds more like an ongoing problem like IBS. Or has anything changed in your lifestyle or diet recently?

If the pain gets unbearable, or if it continues happening every night, please go and see a doctor or emergency. I had something very similar happen nearly 2 years ago, I woke up every morning feeling fine and by evening I was in agony! it went on every night for a week before I sought help. The doctors thought I could have problems with my gallbladder, so that's something that needs checking out if it doesn't get any better.

Thanks for the advice, that was really helpful. So did you seem alright during the day, it was just in the evening? It's weird it doesn't seem so bad until then.

I have had a lot of changes recently in my life, with moving house being the biggest one I suppose!

I think it's to do with food, in the mornings your digestive system is more or less empty, as you haven't eaten for a while. Then you eat through the day which puts more and more pressure on your digestion.

I could set a watch by my pain, 3 pm in the afternoon till 3 am in the morning!

Great it's back- with a vengeance!

Starting to get pains about 7pm and they felt like wind pains. Then needed a bm* but went to the loo and at first, lots of wind, then slight d*?! now I'm scared.

I've not eaten different today so now I'm worried that it was because I went out for soup and a baguette at the weekend.

I've had 10mg of Phenergan (not sure how much I can take?!) and I'm sitting here with this slight g*ggy tickly feeling in my throat.