Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default o no sv* all round the house. help me please

Need some urgent advise, my youngest son was s* weds my oldest was s* early hours saturday morn and my partner has just been s* aswell! I'm absolutley bound to catch, its inevitable!! Some please please give me some. Advise help me calm down. I'm soo terrified, I'm crying my eyes out. I'm really scared to catch it, it would be the worst thing ever! I want to die help me, help me.

Default Re: o no sv* all round the house. help me please

Can anyone offer support? I'm so so so petrified!!

You poor thing! That sounds awful, but you need to calm down. Breathe in and out deeply. Maybe take a walk outside in the fresh air - get out of the house for a bit. As long as you wash your hands you WILL be fine. I wish I could offer more help, but we're all here for you. How is everything now?

I have made sure I've been washing my hands and bleaching everywhere. I'm not in the house anymore but I was there when he v* I went back to the house to grab something and he was s* while I was there, I didn't see but I could hear. I then had to go into the kitchen (where he v*) I washed my hands when I left the house. But now I just know I'm goin to get it, because I was there when it happened. I know it. I really do not know how to cope its the 1st time and sv* has got all of them.

Hey!

As long as you wash your hands and keep your dirty hands from your mouth you will not get sick. That is a guarantee. Bleaching kills the stomach flu virus so that is good that you are disinfecting. Also, being around someone will not get you sick. You have to actually ingest the viral particles. The only way you can get sick by being around someone is if they were vomiting right next to you and a small piece (sorry if this is too graphic) of it somehow got in your mouth. I really hope this helps!
    I write electronic music! Check out my music here:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All my music is free! Enjoy! PM me and let me know what you think of my music.

There is hope:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I wasn't near any of them when they v* but it worries me because I was in the house. I'm scared because, although I disinfected everywhere I'm worried that there may have been some particles of v* around, I didn't put my hands anywhere near my mouth while I was cleaning. I'm just worried its in the air of the house!! Am I over anylyzing?

Have any other emets not caught sv* when other family members did?

When you say everything? Literally do you mean every doorknob and light switch? Every surface in the vicinity where your kids got sick? Like if your 1st kid threw up in the bathroom floor and "spray" would get virus particles on the entire counter. So anything on the counter needs to be thrown out, lysoled, or bleached. You aren't going to get sick if your hygiene is really good. Also keep yourself really healthy, eat good food take extra vitamins and get adequate rest!

I'm not able to eat or sleep through severe panic!! My oldest kid was sick in the toilet so I bleached all the toilet and floor around it. Yeh I bleached door handles and light switches.my partner was s* in the kitchen sink, so I bleached that but I haven't been at home, only popped back a couple times.

aww thats so terrible. I work on an ambulance and have been have sv* patients throw up within inches of me. I always wear gloves and a mask and scrub myself when I'm done. As long as you have good hygiene you should be okay. Make sure they all shower and wash their linens that they were sick in (clothes, sheets, etc.) Just keep a good healthy diet and try and stay out of house if possible but if youre going to be there wear a mask around the vomit.