Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy My eating is getting out of control. Feel so helpless :-(

Hi guys. (COULD BE TRIGGERING/NO V* THO)
    I've always had somewhat of an eating problem. I don't think I'm fat or anything, but I'm so scared of eating almost everyting.. Lateley (last month) it's been really, really bad. So bad that for the last week I haven't eaten anything but dry, salty crackers.. This is a "safe-food" for me, hens me eating it so much.. I just can't bare to eat anything else. I had a bite of pasta yesterday, after staring at the plate for about half an hour... I know this is bad, and I'm sorry if this is triggering to anyone.. But I really do need some help with this.. I'm scared to tell my psychiatrist, cause I'm scared she'll send me to the hospital. She said she'll put me in the hospital the last time my eating was half as bad as this..

Any tips for me? Food is my worst enemy right now.. :-( I feel so tired and out of energy all the time, I know it's from not eating. I've lost alot of weight to, but I just can't overcome this.. :'-(

Default Re: My eating is getting out of control. Feel so helpless :-(

I'm sorry you feel that way

I recently joined a site called caloriecount.com. I decided to use it because I knew I wasn't getting well rounded nutrients, and if you plug in everything you eat, it shows you what you need more of (Vitamins, fiber, carbs, proteins, etc.). Many people use it as a site to lose or gain weight, however it's a wonderful resource to see what your diet is lacking. Perhaps making an account on there and seeing what you're missing will make eating other food easier for you?

Think of it like this. If you're only eating crackers, you aren't getting really any vitamins, calcium, proteins, or other essentials your body needs to function. If you can see exactly what you need, perhaps making it a point to get those things into your body, knowing that it will help you feel better, may make eating less scary.

If you can't fix the problem on your own, I see no shame in telling your psychiatrist. I know it sucks, and it's not something you want to do, but she's there to help. Did it help you last time you were in the hospital? If it didn't she ,ay have an alternative.

I'm not sure if this post was helpful or not, I just thought I'd toss out some ideas. Hopefully something helps!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm on caloriecount.about.com too!! PM me your name on there so we can support eachother!

I'm sorry you are having such problems with eating. Maybe try and introduce other "safe foods" into your diet. Maybe try some toast with butter.

Add an apple or pear or some baby carrots to your diet.

You should mention to your doctor what is going on, you can always refuse the hospital and just see if she has any other alternatives for you. We don't want you getting yourself sick.

Also another thing you can add to your diet are those Ensure or Boost shakes.

Hi guys, thanks for answering! Today for breakfast I ate toast with cheese, it was hard, but I did it.. And for dinner now I'm going to try to eat some tortillachips with cheese in the oven. I'm taking it slow, but I'm gonna try to get better.. Thank you so much for tips!

Congrats! Baby steps is far better than nothing :P

You may find these links helpful!