Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Help!

Default Help!

Oh my gosh! I can not believe this is happening, I am feeling very ill right now. I have been on the verge of not feeling well all day. I am currently in Japan with my mother my granpa died a few weeks ago and we have a special ceremony at 49 days after his death so I have traveled to Japan to help my mother get through this tough time.
    I have been doing pretty good, until today. The weather was dreary so i thought it was that. I kept trying to eat little things all day and i seemed ok. Then I decided i wanted to eat a full on dinner so my mom cooked and we ate. I felt pretty good, then a little while ago around 1030 i started feeling ick again and now I really dont feel well. I feel as if i am starting to panic. I have xanax. Should i try that? I dont want to be sick so i took a zofran, will that work??? Please help!!!!
    What else can i do to not V!?!

Default Re: Help!

still looking for some guidance....please. TMI.....I just went to the bathroom and had a bm, soft but formed, not D yet. I am in a panic though. full on. shaking and everything. took some nux vomica...i think that may have worked. I cant go to sleep cause I know i will wake up and have to V. I fell asleep a little while ago for a little while but woke up again for some reason and i guess that reason is my stomach hurts. Or could it all be in my head cause I went to bed not feeling great and since i woke up for no apparent reason I just think its cause i am sick? I am wondering if i should give the xanax a shot so i can calm down. But i am afraid if i calm down i wont be able to control this.

awww man...why is that i always seem to freak out when no one is online! PLease if you are out there someone help me!

I think this is all anxiety! You're working yourself up and you now have it in your head that you are going to be ill. Try and distract yourself. The Zofran should help although I do not know anything about nux vomica. However, I do not think you should take the Xanax. Try to calm yourself down. I know it's scary but the panic is only going to win if you let it.

thank you so much for being online right now! and thank you even more for replying to me. I took the nux vomica a few minutes ago and it seems to have helped but I am still feeling sick to my stomach a little. Why do you think its all anxiety? I didnt feel anxious when it first started. I didnt really freak out til i woke up not feeling well.

i thought about asking my mom to take me to a hospital but we dont even have a car!
    i just started freaking again. It is coming in waves. How long do you think i have to wait til i can be sure i wont V? I took the zofran around 2 am. Its now 2:40. I took the nux at 2:10.

the bm may have helped you feel alittle better. Your anxiety is making you also feel ten times worse.

I hope you are starting to feel better a little at a time....try and find a distraction like something on TV and I'm sorry for your loss.

thank you Erica.
    So how to I calm down and not feel so anxious? being online has helped a little in the past and all of this seems to come in waves. Maybe I am thinking about it in waves?

No problem! I only had one class today so you are in luck haha
    I think it's all anxiety because last night I was having a very similar problem. I felt just fatigued and weak and irritable and my bowels were acting up so I was freaking the hell out because I thought that all meant I was coming down with something. Once I started worrying, I began to feel nauseous and my stomach started to cramp up. Well, I then remembered I was ovulating and I always feel kind of ick around that time but because I was reading so much into my feelings of malaise, I convinced myself I truly was ill, then started to feel ill in my stomach as a result. Anxiety is a tricky thing but it does play countless tricks on the body. I am certain this is just anxiety and once you fully relax, you will feel much better.

You should try reading a book or watching a movie to help you calm down. Being on the computer helps me a lot because there is so much to research online and I watch TV shows or play games. You will feel better soon!

i just turned the tv on a believe it or not i found a movie in ENGLISH! lol....i can speak Japanese but it seems more comforting in to hear some Americans speak...lol
    I am full on freaking out though, the shakes and all. Calming down a bit thanks to talking with you. I appreciate it.
    I just wonder what happened to me. I have been doing so well. I have been able to identify situations that cause my nausea. I even found out that stress is a big trigger for me. Today was the least stressful day i have had. We didnt go anywhere or do anything. Just hung out at home cause the weather was awful. No sun for the past 4 days could be part of it. But then i started thinking, i am in another country that I havent been in for almost a year. I have been in shopping malls, trains, buses, and even a hospital and a clinic. I could have picked something up in any of those places. I havent been as adamant about washing my hands cause the older homes over here have a weird hot water system, you have to push a button to turn on the gas and run the water a minute to get it hot. Turning on the gas to wash my hands seems like a waste or not only gas and energy but of time as well. If i dont turn it on I wash in extremely cold water. So cold your hands hurt deep inside. I have been trying to keep my sanitizers around. I have the gold bond and another one that i found in the baby section of walmart. I hear the gold bond kills noro. But i havent been as adamant about those either. I was actually feeling a bit proud of myself for not being fanatical about germs. Now I am proving to myself why I do all of that.

Haha I feel ya...foreign films are not really my thing unless they have massive subtitles...I once had to watch a movie in Spanish with no subtitles and then we had to write a paper on the movie. I was like...lolwut? haha
    Anyways, you are doing good by trying to distract yourself. The muscle tremors (shakes) you are experiencing are most likely due to anxiety. I am glad you are beginning to calm down though. Stress is a HUGE trigger for nausea...9 times out of 10 I'd say nausea is caused my stress/anxiety. As long as you practice basic hygiene, you have virtually nothing to worry about! I promise!

oh and something else, my mom wasnt feeling well the day before yesterday. She said she ate too much food the night before and was burping it up in the morning. She ate lunch and that was good she said. Then we ate dinner and she wasnt good again. She didnt V but then my mom doesnt usually. She did have 1 bout of D though

It sounds like what she ate may not have agreed with her which most likely caused acid reflux and indigestion. Try not to worry!

ok i finally fell back to sleep around 530 this morning, its now 630 i just woke up again my stomach stil hurts. It has just started making noises too. I dont want to freak out again!

why do i keep waking up feeling like this????

wonder how many hours i have left of this, its been going strong since 2am, so i guess its been almost 5 hrs. My stomach has begun making noises, i think in my lower abdomen so i might have to go to the bathroom soon. It might not be so good this time. I am sooooo tired, i wish i could sleep and not panic.

It could just be taking your stomach a lot longer to work the food into the intestines. Do you have this problem often? Our stomach is always making noises because it's digesting. It's nothing to concern yourself over!

I suffer from the phobia and I'm new to this site. I find comfort in reading other's posts, only to know that I"m not alone. Jbsmom, don't worry. Usually if your tummy is rumbling and making noises, it's actualy your intestine making the noise, which is lower GI. Trust me, I haven't v in 28 years and I know all the tricks to stop it. but the behavior is not healthy. THe phobia is the negative thoughts, and they are debilitating (spell?). I'm sure you are ok, you are making yourself worry, which is causing more tummy upset than I think you would have. I'm sorry you are so panic stricken, I sincerely sympathize!