Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I know the reason but I'm so scarred!!!!

Last night I came on my period and I'm experiencing the worst cramps I've EVER had!! I feel really sick with them too and I'm really scared! I had hardly any sleep because of it, the pain is horrible! I took paracetamol and had a hot water bottle neither eased it in the slightest!

Eventually I nodded off into a light sleep and I had a really disgusting vivid dream I was on the loo having really watery D and I was sat there knowing I has a stomach bug as well as a period and that I was going to V! The dream has scared me LOADS! Especially because when me and my bf were planing to go away over one weekend I had a dream he was sick while we were there so I kept putting off booking this hotel for a whole then eventually I realized I was being stupid, booked it all and then once we got there he came down with the SV in the night and was V-ing all night! I know I'm not psychic or anything but coz it was a dream I was so scared of and it happened I'm worrying about it again!!!!!!!

I've taken more paracetamol nothings helping this stomach ache and I'm really scared! I've been having periods since I was 9 and I'm now nearly 19 and never experienced pain this bad!!!!! And I'm not late on or anything and it's not even REALLY heavy it's just pretty normal! Arghh so worried

Default Re: I know the reason but I'm so scarred!!!!

Btw sorry about the spelling, stupid iPhone!

Seriously im literally in the same boat right now!! its terrible and you know the reason for it all but you still panic:/ trust me i know!

It's horrible!!! The hot water bottle is now helping the pain abit and I just fell asleep for an hour but now I've woken up my feeling sick is worse! And it's weird coz the feeling sick is like in my stomach! It feels all churned and weird! So sure this is more than woman problems argh!!!!!

You are describing me every other month! It is strange how some months are easier than others but then there are those the I can't seem to move from the pain! My tummy will feel all funny and unsettled but my doctor says it it because the pain is so bad. I use a heating pad. It gets hotter than a water bottle. My doctor has given me a prescription pain medicine but that doesn't help either. Hang in there.. and know that you are not alone. I wish I had a better remedy but I haven't found one yet!

Ironically, everyone always says to put a HOT water bottle on your abdomen for cramps. All this does is pull the blood to that area more. I get MUCH more relieve if I put something cold on my stomach. My cramps almost immediately disappear. Try it! Even just a cold bottle of water can be a lifesaver sometimes. Hope you feel better. Man, being a girl really sucks for us sometimes, doesn't it?