Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Success story! :) (epic long post)

So My girlfriend split up with me because I never wanted to go see her, I lost contact with most of my friends because I never wanted to go to pubs, clubs, restaurants my family got sick of me making them wash their hands every 10 minutes before they do anything even though nobody has had a sv* for over a year! Generally I have just been a massive mentalist!

Yesterday day time I was chatting to my ex-girlfriend online when she suggested that I drove up to see her! (she is at Oxford university) So I thought I need to do this! I got here to her room which is in communal halls, I used the bathroom which is communal, We went for a meal in a restaurant!!!!!! I have not done this for nearly a year! I slept the night and now she is in a lecture and I am sat in her room typing this and you know what? I'm done with it! This is pointless I spend every single minute of every single day worrying about getting a sv* I worry myself sick until i feel so sick I have convinced myself I am actually sick.... It Is just crazy and I am just done with it! Yeah so what someone is sick?? at least they're now immune to a strain of Noro that technically makes them in a better position then me! and Everyone else just lives their life, does what they want and are sick no more then me.... so what am I doing this for? My girlfriend eats out washes her hands the normal amount a day eat with her hands on her lunch and she has not been sick since we have been together! I just hope its not to late to get her back!

I love this website and it's very helpful for information and people who're in desperate need but it also brought my stupid imaginary fears in to my reality as I was no longer thinking im silly get over it none of my mates feel like this I had started to feel like it was normal to worry so much about something to little! I shoud be worrying that much about one of my family members being in an accident and dying not me being sick... It just feels so selfish now! Like I noticed one person on here said they have not v* for 37 years which is incredible but if I have to feel like that for 37 years then I just could not bare it I think it would probably have ended up getting the better of me and me not being around anymore!

My real name is Lee by the way not Biscuitjusticex

Thanks everyone xx

Default Re: Success story! :) (epic long post)

Way to go!!! These "little steps" are what you need to do to make yourself stronger and stronger...keep up the good work. Like I told somebody else, if you took this step and next time are a little weary of taking another, its ok to take a step back then try again...

Good luck with the relationship!

Well done, I know how hard it is to take them steps and do them things. I have to admit that I went 13years without V* I had good days and bad days but mostly bad. I actually got sv* early hours yesterday morning, the absolute panic before the actual V* was awful I had sweats, I kept dry heaving I couldn't breath, that was worse than the actual act of V* It wasn't pleasent and its not something I want to do again but I got through it. I hope you carry on living your life to the full, we all deserve it.

Thank you all!

you did awesome.......now keep reminding yourself that you did it and keep it up.......that's the only way to rid yoruself of this stupid emet.......
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nice one Lee! It gets less and less scary each time you challenge yourself too so keep up the baby steps and do something little as often as possible