Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Hi... new here.

Default Hi... new here.

Hi everyone.. I am new here... and absolutely terrified. HELP

Default Re: Hi... new here.

Hello Megan

I am new as well. Crippled by this disease. Its good that a site like this exist because I am pretty much suffering in silence. I some how made it to 40 years old and cant every remember not being terrified of the possibilities of a SV or Vng or being a witness to someone else having these problems.

SIGH

Welcome to the both of you...please know that you can talk to us about anything and vent and panic if you need to.

Take Care

welcome to both of you. i found this site 2 years ago and has really helped with my emet......lots of good answers and advice on how to deal with things. i've been emet for 50 years.......go through good and bad phases.....and thanks to prozac have had a pretty "normal" life for the past 25 years.......still have occasional panic times......but not a constant worry....thank god!

seems always some here to help if you need it
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks everyone! I had no idea there was a site like this and I was just fed up about my Emet I just searched it for help and this site popped up. I really hope it helps. I panic a lot when I am feeling sick so I would like to get some friends on here.

im always here to talk u can always PM me and if u live in the US i can give u my cell if u need to text. how old r u may i ask?

Yes I live in the US. I am 20. How old are you?

I also fee like i am suffering in silence.. no one understands how I really feel about it

It's so scary having this fear. I know it's irrational, but I've been like this since I was a kid. Now, I have 9 year old twins and I'm constantly trying to keep them healthy, have them washing their hands, using hand sanitizer. I'm always trying to keep the sv away from all of us. I can't stand the idea of it being in my house. Ugh.

I've been this way ever since I was a kid as well every time someone in my house is sick i lock myself in my room or in a total different part of my house. I always feel so bad because I don't want my family to be sick and I want to be there for them but I simply can't and I still always feel sick to my stomach

Hello to you both! I too am relatively new here, and its been such a great thing for me having found this site! I come here in times of panic, and it helps to calm me down, and i'm able to ask questions, and peoples responses are so kind and definitely helpful! I've learned so much about how the sv is transmitted, and how to kill it and what not, and its really helped me to realize how all this works.

What are good ways to kill it? I am in panic mode right now and can't fall asleep!

I cant fall asleep either! I have a 7 year old upstairs right now not feeling well and im losing my mind!! I wont be sleeping this evening...thank god I dont have to work tomorrow. I have also been this way since I can remember. However, now that I have children, it's so much worse. My fear about myself getting s* is nothing compared to how I feel when anyone in my family is s*. I panic for days, waiting for the SV to come on...always feeling sick until I feel enough time has passed that we successfully avoided contracting it. I use scalding hot water and good old clorox bleach to clean everything I can. If I cant use bleach, it gets lysol drenched and then soaked in hot water. I am forever washing my hands and cleaning my house in hopes of possibly killing something that MAY be there. I hate this phobia. It ruins my life. Im very scared I will pass it onto my kids.

I love kids but I am scared to have them because of the morning sickness and being around them when they are V*. Emet is ruining my life

i'm new to even discovering that i have emet, i have had it since 4 years of age and i am now 21. i thought i was a freak until finding out about this condition and now i am hoping to find a way to break free of this suffocating anxiety.

hi i'm kate and i'm 14
    welcome to ies and feel free to pm me if you need to about anything! lol this site is really awesome... some people will think this is dumb, but it sort of feels like a family to me i hope you grow to like it too

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i just went to the doctor for constipation and they gave me some magnesium citrate laxative solution. they said it might make me nauseous so i'm really scared. Has anyone every had to take that and got sick and v* from it?

I am so happy that i have found this site, i thought i was alone in this! I hope to make some friends who i can discuss emet with as no one in my family really understands, although they are very supportive.