Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Im so stupid!

Hybrid View

Default Im so stupid!

I went out on my lunch to get cash, and my anti viral hand sanitiser.

I then came back to work and used my hand stuff, and ate my lunch with my hands. I have just realised I picked up the wrong one and it wasn't anti viral!!!!!

It wad just anti bacterial. and I ate my lunch and everything.

I feel angry upset and doomed.

Default Re: Im so stupid!

You'll be fine. I live gone 13 years without picking up a virus and probably 10 out of those years I either didn't wash my hands or just used the regular anti bacterial. Think of how many people eat without using anything at all. And they don't get sick. You will be fine! And at least you used something!

I almost never use hand sanitizer before I eat, so Im sure youll be fine this once without it !

Thank you so much to you both for suck quick responses. I'm a bit crazy anxious right now but you have helped. It's just fact I touched the my ATM that's getting to me....

The other thing is I have my in laws round tomorrow. The nanny has just had a bad sv* so I'm on edge so much. Plus I won't actually be there so I can't see what they've touched!!

GREAT. I have just come home and had bad d*, COMPLETELY out of the blue. I normally get certain 'gurgles' in my tummy when that's about to happen but I had nothing, I just knew I really needed the loo. I didn't feel n* or anything.

But now I'm sitting here shaking like a leaf. It was so unexpected I'm thinking I must have picked something up in the week. I had stomach pains and felt n* quite bad.

Does this happen if you don't go to the loo when you need to?

I think it may be your nerves. I use anti-bacterial hand sanitizer all the time. That's pretty much all I use. Purell or GermX... You should be just fine. Try to calm down. I know that I get D* from my nerves sometimes and I also panic myself into a n* state....

Also if I don't go to the restoom when i need to I do get n*. Constipation makes me feel bloated and n*.

Thank you I appreciate your response. Its good to know a few of you don't use anti viral sanitiser!

I just went to the loo again, smallest bit of d* but only be because I tried to make myself go ... If you get me?

I ate tea and now eating biscuits and a cuppa. Feel like I might need to go again soon which worries me. I have had a horrible week though

I understand. The past couple of days haven't been the best for me either. Keep positive thoughts in your head! I start thinking the worst, so I will look up something happy on the internet. Or I will call a friend and just chat about anything other than how I feel...

I agree it's probably your nerves. I use anti-viral and anti-bacterial stuff when I absolutely cannot get to a bathroom to wash my hands, but absolutely nothing is as effective as washing your hands with plain soap and water.
    That being said, until I was about 30, I never used hand gels and was not careful about washing my hands. In fact, I was also a terrible nail biter and worked in a bar. I had maybe three sv* in my life up to that point. I'm sure you are fine

Thank you everyone for your replies. I'm still on edge as I did the above on Thursday and today have felt slightly 'off' all day (it's now Saturday evening here).

I'm trying hard to take my mind off of stuff but everything else that's happening this week doesn;t help.