Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Please help me?

Unhappy Please help me?

I feel really ill I have had indegestion quite bad all day and have taken some antacids which helped a little and made me feel better enough to eat dinner which was a small serve of chicken and vegetable pie. Now I have a gurgly stomach and that dreaded "tingling" in the back of my throat.

Is it possible to get food poisoning that fast, like within half and hour of eating?

Also my phobia and my anxiety has been really acting up the last 2 weeks and I literally have not left the house in that entire time except two days ago I had to go to the mall. If I had contracted SV would I have had it by now?

Please help I'm going out of my mind and starting to think I'd rather be dead than V.

Default Re: Please help me?

I know how you feel. I'm nauseated like hell and much rather be death than vomit. Food Poisoning usually happens after 2 hours of digestion unless toxic chemicals are present. As an Emetophobe, you might also mix feelings of nausea with other gastric functions like me. Please, list your symptoms if you don't mind.

Default Re: Please help me?

I think it sounds like anxiety. Feeling better now?