Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: do you?

Question do you?

do you remember yourself before you were scared of life?

Default Re: do you?

Yes and I miss her!

I'm not scared of life just more cautious... But I always remember having this fear

Yes, the good old days of, riding roller coasters, eating what I wanted, especially ice cream. Oh how i miss ice cream ):

ive always been this way, for as long as i can remember, my mom says she could notice i wasnt right .. or well had this fear when i was very little. however some years are better than others, ive only ridden a rollercoaster once, and it was enough for me! lol
    and i second that heydani, i miss m&m blizzards from dq so much!

I always live life to the fullest no matter what... I travel go to amusement parks eat a some great ass restaurants ... I don't let this phobia get me down at all... The whole time I'm doing these things my stomach is in knots and im washing my hands a million times but I know if I let this phobia win I won't ever get to enjoy life! I want to go bungee jumping and sky diving I'm petrified but I'm going to do it... You only have this one life live it up!!

Yes, I was 7 years old (before I became emet) and I was literally scared of nothing, apart from the usual childhood fears of my parents dying, monsters under the bed etc. But as far as life was concerned, I would ride on fairground rides, make myself dizzy, eat until I felt sick, go on ferry boats etc. Nothing really phased me when I was little but then I became emet and as I've got older I've become generally more wimpy. I'm not as confident on horseback as I was, I hate being a car passenger as I'm a backseat driver and I'm even getting anxious on aeroplanes. I've never had much of a thrill-seeking attitude but now I'm a cynical, untrusting pessimist and I need to snap out of it! I'm only 26...

Yes, I've been emet for as long as I can remember, especially with other people v*. But once I hit college age(around 21), I've been scared of things I used to do. And like Kazzia, I used to get on roller coasters, the spinny rides, anything, even right after eating a meal and not get scared of being s*. Now when I head to the parks, I get anxiety just walking around and looking at all my old favorite rides Biggest step for me was getting on a plane, my anxiety was through the roof and I was overly talkative, but I did it and I didn't get s*! Next step for me is attempting my old favorite rides!

i dont even remember, i try my hardest not to let it get in the way, im clinical, im petrified of theme parks, resturnats, public toilets, pubs, hospitals, doctors, dentists, cross country, partys. im only 15.. ive had emet for way over half my life, im scared of others being sick though, it just made me curious if i was the only one or not!

Nope! My first emet memory came when I was 2 years old...

No as far back as I can remember I've always been scared. I've done things in the past though that I now think "how could I have done that?" Like theme parks, nightclubs, mini-cruise, throwing house parties...not sure I could do any of those anymore, which makes me think it's getting worse :-S

I can say I go on with my life most of the time normally, but lately (maybe as I get older) my paranoia is getting worse...maybe its because of the different factors in my life right now stress, etc. It's kinda hard to explain.

But I do remember a lot I wouldn't worry about constantly washing my hands and stuff. I would pick up something and eat it. I actually never got sick, but now I'm so paranoid its terrible,