Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: need help asap.

Default need help asap.

This phobia is taking over my life, i seriously don't know what to do anymore. I feel like there is just something in my throat. I am worried all the time. V* is always on my mind and I'm so terrified. I just wanna cry. I have been feeling n* for two weeks straight now and I don't know why... even if i had sv* it would have happened by now so i am just sick of feeling so bad. I just want to be normal again..

Default Re: need help asap.

I hear ya. Youre not going to throw up. Im here for you. If you need to talk.

Ugh this just sucks so bad i'm feeling so sick right now

Just try to think positively, you will get through it. Everything has to pass; just makes us stronger.

I really think im gonna v*. i am seriously freaking out right now. I am shaking so bad, i don't know what to do.

Have you been eating stuff out of the ordinary that have been giving you indigestion perhaps? I've been off the last few weeks too, and it seems like I'm always filled with gassy feelings which make me icky.

Are you stressed out too? That can factor in as well.

if you've been feeling like that for weeks i seriously think its in your head. i do that a lot too. just watch tv and drink cold water- that helps me feel better. you won't throw up! x

i haven't been eating very healthy because i went on vacation but ever since i got back i've been feeling not well. I feel like i have something in my throat and thats making me feel nauseous.

I am very stressed out but I have a feeling its because of this phobia. I just don't know what to do anymore.

just relax! is there anybody you can talk to at home?

No I a student and my roommates are busy, and they don't understand. My friends have given up on me they don't know what else to do to help so they just stopped talking to me for right now

yeah, i know how you feel.. you just need to do something that will distract you, even though i know it's hard to stop thinking about it.

yeah i am trying so hard to distract myself. nothing is really working..

have you eaten anything today? maybe you're hungry and thats why you feel nauseous.

all i had was a cucumber and a few pretzles. im nervous to eat anything else.

try drinking cold water, and taking deep breathes. in through your nose, and out through your mouth. im sure if you were going to throw up, you definitely would have by now.

Thanks for all the advice. I'll try these things!

how do you feel today?

Try elevator breathing - in for 4 counts, hold for 4, out for 4, hold for 4. Repeat.

Do whatever you possibly can to distract yourself. Try a movie or TV show or book that is really engaging. If you suddenly realize you've forgotten the n*, you can know it's in your brain and that you aren't going to v* because it isn't real.

I feel for you...hang in there.

Thanks everyone I really appreciate it, i am feeling much better today, just really nervous the n* is going to come back.. but i definitely will keep these tricks in the back of my mind!