Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: How long?

Default How long?

How long after you have been exposed to the SV can you get symptoms. My daughter was exposed until 3pm on Friday so how long until we are in the clear - Thank you !!! xx

Default Re: How long?

Quote Originally Posted by ruthie1 View Post
    How long after you have been exposed to the SV can you get symptoms. My daughter was exposed until 3pm on Friday so how long until we are in the clear - Thank you !!! xx
    I've heard that the incubation period is 12-48 hours, so it looks like you are almost in the clear! I'd assume that she'd get it by tonight if she were going to. In my experience, when a s*v* was running through our house this past Thanksgiving, a couple of my relatives got it after what seemed a little longer than 48 hours, but definitely not much longer. From what I've read and experienced first hand I'd say she's definitely in the clear by dinnertime/bedtime tonight!

Thank you Jessica - She was exposed at school on Friday so I am now terrified about sending her tomorrow on Monday as its still bound to be going about xx

When the sv went round our house i got it 30 hours after first exposure to the sick person, my mum and dad exactly 36 hours after exposure. It varies hugely but after 48 hours id say your little girl is definately in the clear! I have kept my daughter off school when it rampaged through her primary school (10 years ago) all parents received letters telling them to keep sick children away from school 48 hours after symptoms stop, children had been vomiting during the night and parents sent them to school the next day! Unbelievable! I kept my daughter off for a week and the following week was half term so the virus died down duing those 2 weeks. I was not the only mother to keep their child off school while the virus was doing the rounds, a fair few others did too and i suspect that it will be the same at your daughters school. Its up to you what you do, you can be really brave and send her or keep her off for a long weekend. Also i noticed on your other thread that a lot of members were saying face your fear and send her, i wonder how many of them would take their own advice?

I just noticed your in Southampton, im just south of Chichester. I havent heard of the virus during the rounds here but if was rife before and during Christmas holidays.