Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Is there a way??

This might sound really stupid but is there a way (even if you have the flu) to keep yourself from puking, and then getting better afterwards? I've been feeling sick for 2 weeks, but I don't know if its because I won't let myself v*. Or is it just my Emet kicking in and it's all in my head.

Advice needed please.. don't know what to do anymore. need friends to talk to, please message me.

Default Re: Is there a way??

I dont think that you are causing yourself to stay sick physically. Viruses do not work that way. Even if you dont V you will still get better. I have actually had a sv and took anitemetics and didnt V or have d and got better in the same amount of time as everyone who caught it from me. Its gotta be something else you are dealing with. It could possibly be your emet taking over your mind. I also recently discovered that anxiety or stress can cause N.

Thanks for the advice, but what do you suggest that I do to make the n* go away?

Ginger helps, anti-emetics such as over the counter med Gravol, changing your diet perhaps (depending on what you've been eating). That being said, have you been eating anything out of the ordinary?

If you were supposed to v* in being sick, I'm pretty sure it would have happened by now.

My parents and I have maybe had the thought that it might be acid reflex. I constantly feel like i have to v* but as soon as i burp i feel better for a while. I am going to try heartburn medicine and see how that helps. I just want it to go away

I also went to a therapist for the first time yesterday.. SCARY!!

they have over the counter anti-emetics.. is that like a anxiety pill or what exactly is that? Sorry I am new to this and just discovered my phobia actually had a name.