Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Plan B..please, please help..I'm terrified...

I have to take Plan B today because bf and I had birthcontrol failure. I am SO scared and having anxiety so bad I can hardly think straight..I don't want to take it but I have to...I'm backed in a corner and I'm freaking out. My anxiety is at a ten right now...please,please..if you have taken this can you tell me how the side effects were???

Default Re: Plan B..please, please help..I'm terrified...

Quote Originally Posted by kyphie View Post
    I have to take Plan B today because bf and I had birthcontrol failure. I am SO scared and having anxiety so bad I can hardly think straight..I don't want to take it but I have to...I'm backed in a corner and I'm freaking out. My anxiety is at a ten right now...please,please..if you have taken this can you tell me how the side effects were???
    I've had to use it on 2 occasions and felt absolutely fine

I've had to use it a couple of times. Once I got a headache and felt "blah", but no nausea or vomiting. You will be fine! It's just a lot of hormones.
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Ok, Thank you so much for your replies..I just took some zofran...I'm going to let that absorb and then I'm going to take the Plan B. I feel reassured, but I'm still really scared!

Take Gravol or something with it. I felt dizzy and light-headed, more fluish than anything. If you're on birth control already, you'll probably feel less of an effect.
    Taking a sabbatical from IES, moving on, and making concrete changes to live my life without fear.
    Friends know where to reach me.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I took it three hours ago and so far I'm just having the fluish type of feeling(Of course, I did take it with a dose of Zofran) Any ideas on how long I can expect to feel the side effects?

Hello, dear. I took the Plan B pill once and I was terrified as well. I never had ANY side effects from it whatsoever
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

One of my best friends who couldn't be any less of an emet and will v* from anything has taken it on numerous occasions and have never gotten sick from it. I hope you're still doing ok... personally I would keep some Gravol in my system for the next day or so just as a little extra reassurance.
    Disclaimer: Any nutritional or health related advice I give is well intentioned and intended for general educational purposes only that may or may not apply to your personal health situation. It does NOT in any way, shape or form constitute as medical or dietetic advice. I am not your nutritionist and you are not my patient. Please discuss anything you may learn from any of my health related posts with your doctor and nutritionist prior to making any related changes.

Love me or hate me I am who I am. It isn't going to change. Don't confuse a succinct response or commitment to accuracy as being cavalier or patronizing.

Nope, its perfectly fine RELAX ! If anything you will feel a light headache, but dont pay attention to the scary side effects, youll be fine (:

I understand your fear! I was nervous the first time I had to use Plan B as well, but I had absolutely NO problems. My only side effect was a minor headache, but I was still able to go about my day with no changes.

You'll be fine

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

Well, I got through it fine. I had one bout of nausea but nothing too bad(I took zofran) Now, I've started on birth control(I am in a new relationship...hadn't been "active" for years) because of ovarian cysts and I figured the added benefit of not having to worry about pregnancy would be nice! Of course, now I'm nervous about that too...sigh, this phobia is such a pain in the arse!

I'm glad you made it through okay!

You may find these links helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by asianeko View Post
    I'm glad you made it through okay!
    Thank you!!