Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: help please - someone v*d beside me

Quote Originally Posted by hairyfairy View Post
    That`s really disgusting! adults should`nt v in public, as they are much better at controlling it than children. I hope that person felt totally ashamed of herself afterwards.
    As bad as I feel for the girl, I tend to agree with you...not only do I carry a bag if I'm the LEAST big n* (I'm sure this is only normal for emets), I would v* in my own purse before I would do it all over the floor where other people are standing/sitting! Plus, the subway had JUST left the station. She could have easily gotten off if she felt n* and taken care of it in a trashcan!

My doctor told me, as a holistic method, to try a spoonful of apple cider vinegar, it's rough going down so you have to chase it with some water but it's worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by hairyfairy View Post
    That`s really disgusting! adults should`nt v in public, as they are much better at controlling it than children. I hope that person felt totally ashamed of herself afterwards.

are you kidding me? i hope thats your emet side talking because no one can control when and where they V. sometimes it can come on suddenly with noro or food poisoning. don't mean to be rude but that kind of thinking is not healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurse2Be View Post
    My doctor told me, as a holistic method, to try a spoonful of apple cider vinegar, it's rough going down so you have to chase it with some water but it's worth a shot.
    For the 72 hours after I was exposed I was doing that 3x a day! Don't know if that was my saving grace or not, but it was worth it either way!

Glad it worked! I try to mix some with water and have a glass in the morning as my "cleanse" and like to think it will help me from getting the stomach flu.

Of course right now I am cramping so naturally I'm freaking out a bit!

Glad it worked! I try to mix some with water and have a glass in the morning as my "cleanse" and like to think it will help me from getting the stomach flu.

Of course right now I am cramping so naturally I'm freaking out a bit!
    I think that's a great idea! ACV is also good for general health. Have you heard about drinking grape or cranberry juice 3x a day and it warding off s*v* even if someone is exposed??

I did not know about that! I'm not a big juice person but I may just have to try this!

I did not know about that! I'm not a big juice person but I may just have to try this!
    YES - I read about this because when my fiancee and I get married I will be a stepmom to a 4 year old so I know that preventative measures need to be upped in my future!

Anyway, so I read that if you are exposed, or just throughout the winter, drink 8 oz. of 100% grape or 100% cranberry juice 3 times a day. Supposedly the juice has antiviral properties that change the pH in your intestines, keeping the v* from multiplying to the point where it makes you s*. If the environment is not right for them to multiply, you cannot develop symptoms! There have been a few comments from people for who this worked, where one person in the household would have it but no one else would get it after they all started on the juice routine. Just make sure it is 100% juice.

Another great thing is probiotics - after thinking I was exposed I took probiotics (5 billion count) 3x a day, along with the ACV 3x a day. I was definitely in "breathing in particles" range and I did NOT get sick. Regardless of whether she had a s*v* or not, these measures are not harmful and it seems to me that a combo of probiotics, juice, and ACV in the s*v* season, or when it seems that everyone nearby has it, would be a great defense!

Oh goodness-goodluck with your future stepmom duties!

So is the juice regimen good if you feel like you have symptoms? My stomach has been cramping and I was getting panicky & i heard the noro is spreading like wildfire so naturally that did NOT help at all. I've been doing the apple cider vinegar for a while now & didn't know if you knew of anything else I could take at this very moment.

i don't have any probiotics but my friend use to take them religiously and swore by them.

Oh goodness-goodluck with your future stepmom duties!

So is the juice regimen good if you feel like you have symptoms? My stomach has been cramping and I was getting panicky & i heard the noro is spreading like wildfire so naturally that did NOT help at all. I've been doing the apple cider vinegar for a while now & didn't know if you knew of anything else I could take at this very moment.

i don't have any probiotics but my friend use to take them religiously and swore by them.
    Yeah, you should definitely try juice and probiotics. Even if you wouldn't otherwise catch a s*v*, these measures won't hurt you. In fact, other than the extra sugar in the juice, all three are good for your overall health. I would recommend getting a probiotic from Whole Foods if there is one near you - the kind that has to be refrigerated is the most active and good for your body. I use one called "Nature's Way Primadophilus Original". You can take it up to a few times a day, but usually 1-3 is enough. Also, you can get raw cranberry in pill form at Whole Foods, and that way you don't have to ingest so much sugar from the juice. You can take that 1-3 times a day as well!