Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

It's now 6 am, I just woke up because I was coughing. I downed some cough syrup and immediately my stomach cramped. I quick took some Emetrol but I still queasy. I am afraid to cough because I'm afraid I will v'. I have a gaggy feeling. I don't know if it was just from the cough syrup on an empty stomach or this cold I have had for a week, or what.

*hugs* i hope you feel better soon. perhaps try a few sips of water or flat ginger ale?

im sure u wont be sick....try to keep calm and focused.

ems xx

I am going through the same thing now, but thankful I just gag, and do not .. My throat is sooo scratchy, and Im sure I have post nasel drip as well.. Take is easy, and sip some water, the emetrol should kick, also try and eat some crackers or dry toast, it might be the meds on a empty tummy. I hope u start to feel better.. BIG HUGS.. Christy

I am sure its the cough syrup. That is enough to make you nauseous. How are you feeling?

*hugs*

How are you feeling now? It is probably from the cough syrup on a empty stomach!! Calm down, deep breaths, just relax. Let us know how you are doing.

Thanks you guys, I am doing a lot better. I don't know if it was the cough medicine because I had d' shortly after, but it could be all the cold medicines I've been taking (cough syrups, advil, decongestants) for a week or so now. I am thinking it could have been drainage too because when I went to bed last night I was really stuffy, and when I got up today it wasn't stuffy hardly at all, so it had to have gone somewhere!

You guys are great, so a voice of reason when stuff like this happens and I freak out. I still live with my parents, but their advice when I'm feeling sick is to "go throw up" which isn't exactly helpful [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

No, that's not really helpful, is it?? I am glad you can get support here!!! My husband is the same way, he just wants to be around when I (if I ever do) v**** so he can prove that it's not so terrible. . . . ummmmm. . . .not going to happen!!!

I am so happy that you are feeling better. I like how people say, well if you don't feel well go throw up you will feel better!! Maybe for them but not for me!!!

I am glad your feeling better, the same happens to me when I try to have cough syrup or drops at night or in the morning. I try sips of pepsi or a swedish fish to caot my throat. I also use vapor rub when all else fails, believe it or not, it works!