Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default panic attack/tummy bug please help

I started a new job a couple weeks ago, doin accounts for a kids nursery a tummy bug has gone round the childcare staff but I didn't think I'd catch it! Before I went to bed last night I felt *n but not like I was going to *v straight away it was kind of like I'd eaten to much or something sickly I managed to get to sleep but woke up a few times feeling the same! I got up an hour ago and iv had two episodes of *d and I feel really n* ! I'm weak and really pale! And seriously panicking ! Iv taken 1 metrocloprimide which is meant to be an anti emetic ?! Anyone heard of this? Please tell me how to stop myself being sick! Can talk on the phone if anyone is willing to! Please write back! Thanks xxx

Default Re: panic attack/tummy bug please help

Sorry to hear about the bug going around the nursery. It's hard to tell whether the d* is from subconsious panic from knowing you went to bed feeling a bit n*, and having the knowledge that other staff have been ill - a lot of these things can get going in your head before you've had chance to stop it!

What did you eat yesterday? I don't think you'll v* as you probably would have done by now if you've got d*.

Metrocloprimide is an antiemetic and it works! I was prescribed some several years ago and kept them for emergencies and they were really effective! They can take about 40 mins to really take effect though so hang in there and you'll feel better.

Do you have any ginger? I make ginger tea when I feel n* and sip it really slowly while it's really warm. Combine that with doing some really slow, rhythmic breathing exercise and you'll get rid of the anxiety, which will make you feel worse. I'm positive you will be just fine and by midday you'll be feeling better - certainly as far as the n* is concerned. Have you tried nibbling on some biscuits or crackers? I find that giving the stomach something to do can help; an empty stomach can be really acidic.

I ate the norm yesterday, weetabix, sandwich, lasagne for dinner! I was thinking if me feeling n* last night was a symptom of a bug then technically iv had it already for 12hours! I pray I don't *v! The metroclopramide are easing it a bit! But the d* is really bad

It definitely couldn't have been anything you ate yesterday. Do you have any other symptoms apart from the n* and d*? Like aching muscles and general malaise? It could be the bug in that case but if you're anything like me, I just tend to get d* with those bugs and if you've had it since last night you definitely won't v* now. You might just feel a bit n* for today but hopefully it's eased a bit more by now?

Quote Originally Posted by hannahk86 View Post
    I ate the norm yesterday, weetabix, sandwich, lasagne for dinner! I was thinking if me feeling n* last night was a symptom of a bug then technically iv had it already for 12hours! I pray I don't *v! The metroclopramide are easing it a bit! But the d* is really bad
    Hey Hannah,
    im probably the worst for advice but you have Metoclopramide, Trust me it works...Just try to stay relaxed...you may have D* but at least its not V*. I find if i clamp my jaw shut and breath calmly, slowly and repeat in my head "i have had metoclopramide i cant V*" it eases the nausea and i relax a little.

My thoughts are with you!

how are you feeling now, Hannah?