Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Smile Hi, everyone. I'm new to IES :)

Hello,

I just recently found a name for the way I have felt for 20 years of my life! I'm about to turn 29 and can't believe I've lived so much of my life afraid and anxious. I've read about emetophobia and I've read some posts by other people like you who experience the same feelings and issues and it's really eye-opening to realize that other people feel the way I feel! It's really amazing to read some of your posts and know that I have had some of your exact thoughts. I used to get sick a lot as a kid, and I think that is how it started for me. I have a lot of anxiety, panic attacks, OCD tendencies. . . and putting it all together under this emetophobia umbrella is really making me feel empowered. I'm going through a bad phase again. . .a couple of teachers that I work with got a stomach bug and that kind of started me worrying about getting it. I haven't been sleeping well. I've been waking up in a panic, worrying that I've woken up because I'm sick, so then I panic and feel sick, have to get up and pace around, etc. I'm also worrying a lot more lately because my husband and I are planning to start trying to get pregnant in a few months, and I don't know how I'm going to cope with morning sickness and stuff. Anyhow, I'm really glad I found this site and joined, and hope to meet and talk with you all. I want to understand this and not let it control me any more than it already has. Looking forward to figuring this out.

Default Re: Hi, everyone. I'm new to IES :)

hey! Welcome!

Thats so great that you and your hubby are planning on trying for a baby! how exciting! This phobia shouldn't stop you from having children, a baby is so exciting!

There are a LOT of mothers on this board, I'm sure they'd be willing to share their experiences with you. Feel free to post your own threads with questions and things, this place is pretty active!

I hope you find lots of friends and comfort and some answers here! If you need anything, feel free to PM me with questions or anything, or if you just need to chat.
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Good luck!

Women with emetophobia are less likely to suffer from morning sickness, and even if you do, there are medicines to help. I took a doctor-approved combination of half a Unisom + 50mg of B6 and it made a world of difference. I never once V*d.

Welcome to the site I never vomited at all while pregnant and there are lots of things you can do to ease any nausea you might get so feel free to ask away when you're ready, you'll get plenty of tips and support from other emet mums

Thanks so much, everyone. I'm loving being a part of IES!