Hi,

I am new and I was so happy to find this forum! Maybe someone here can help answer my question.

I live in an apartment building with shared laundry facilities. Last week I was getting my clean laundry out of the dryer when my neighbor came in with several trash bags full of soiled laundry. She told me her son was sick with sv* and had v*ed all over everything. She started pulling things out to rinse in the sink, and obviously was going to wash all the soiled stuff in the machines.

Well of course I'm terrified of contracting noro so I got my clean clothes and booked it out of there, washed my hands, bleached my laundry basket, and was fine. But I haven't been back to the laundry room since.

So, does anyone know if those v* covered things could contaminate the machines? She also must have touched everything in that room after touching those things. I have no idea how many people have done laundry since then, or if anyone else in my building is sick. I am terrified to do my laundry because I'm afraid they'll be contaminated in the wash! What should I do? How long to I have do wait before I can go back to the laundry room? Please help!