Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default may have been exposed?

so, tonight we had a few people over for a game of poker. we had some chips and dips out to snack on before playing. well, we were all eating out of them all and then when we started playing, one of the guys says how he got sick last night and felt sick all morning... WHYYYYYY did he feel the need to come over this afternoon(3pm) then!!!!!! and of course, we are playing poker and touching all of the same stuff... i am a pretty good hand washer so that doesn't bother me as much as knowing that i definitely was eating out of the same chip bowl as he was grabbing out of and same dip bowl too. think i could get it easily from this? especially since he was sick so recently? i just wonder what kind of germ could be on his hands that could have gotten on the chips i was eating! sigh.... what do you think?

Default Re: may have been exposed?

Grr...I would have been irritated, too. I'd say that the chances are not all that high. He would have had to have bad hygiene AND touch something just right AND have you put it in your mouth. With you having good handwashing, your chances are much better. Good luck.

Well for starters what he had might not even be contagious, not all vomiting is down to a virus.

If it was a virus though then yes theoretically there is a risk that if his hands still had viral particles on and he touched a chip that you then ate then you could catch it, but the odds are pretty slim - it would be very bad luck indeed for that to have happened.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

thanks for your response! i wish people would just stay home when they are sick.... i hope hope hope i dont get it. he was the type of guy i assume doesnt have the best hygiene either. a friend of a friend. makes my mind go even more!

I know what you mean, the thing is, even if he doesn't have the greatest hygiene overall, surely he will have washed his hands at some point since being sick and then coming to your house? I mean I think most people who have just thrown up tend to wash their face or have a shower afterwards to freshen up even if they wouldn't normally have had a wash, even non emets don't like being sick really.

It could well have been something non-viral though so try not to fret too much over it, hard as it is.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.