Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default having a panic attack

Omg i'll try make this as short as i can but it might end up long (probably). My emet is really bad (like REALLY bad) so i never stay out at friends houses coz i panic about if i wake up sick or if anyone else in the house does.Plus I have IBS and I worry about getting flare ups of that.

Anyway the past 3 months ive had a new bf, he knows i have emet bad but doesnt know about ibs. Ive been managing to think up excuses as to not stay over at his house (especially coz the week before xmas him and all his family members had the SV!) so hes just been staying at mine. But last week I went for it... so I went on Thursday and he doesn't live too local (well it's 2 hours train!) I don't like using other people's toilets (i know everyone poo's but i just feel sooo uncomfortable) and managed not to go until yesterday. My IBS is triggered by almost everything but over this week ive been with my bf i've been doing a lot of the things that I KNOW trigger it most. Like ive eaten lots of junk food, been out drinking etc. Yesterday especailly I ate SO much rubbish which normally would upset my belly straight away but I thought coz it was my last night with him i wanted to enjoy myself and pig out and i knew that his family were out last night and he'd be engrossed in a film so i could use the loo if i needed. And i did get really bloated and stomach achey but wasn't ill until this morning. (D) but my train home was today so I guess i was also worrying all morning and the train home.

I hadnt eaten all day, and I got home at 5ish, starving, so i made a chicken sandwich and ate a bit but all of a sudden my appetite suddenly went and i had this wave of feeling really sick and im sure i would have been if id have eaten anymore, but i dont understand coz i was starving all the way home!

Since ive been in my stomach has been really hurting like i need D and so far i havent had D (touch wood) but i feel REALLY sick with it too!!! Like the top part of my stomach is bloated and feels swishy and im just panicking so much!WHat if its not ibs and i have a bug!?! His family have been SV free since the week before xmas, but there house is not as clean as i would have my house (I feel so bad saying that) but its not and what if the germs have still being lurking about and now I have it?! I feel so sick and my stomach hurts sobad!!!!!!

Default Re: having a panic attack

Well, if you do have IBS, and you have eaten a lot of junk food and you really haven't used the bathroom at all, all weekend, I'm gonna say with a lot of confidence that you need to go to the bathroom. Not to mention, i have learned from my own anxiety that worrying, especially long term, can cause d* as well. I don't think you are sick. I'd say you were away from them long enough to not catch anything anyways.