Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Avoiding it at work?

I know of someone in the team along from me who has a sv*... and of course I am on high alert panic mode.

I was just wondering if people could tell me of situaitions where they have managed to not get ill with it passing round at work, especially those who work in an office as you always hear that it spreads like wildfire in offices...

Default Re: Avoiding it at work?

i worked in a home setting and a coworker of mine was sick. and she actually had V* in the staff bathroom I was in FULL PANIC MODE!!!! but i just never touched my face with my hands and always washed my hands and even sprayed some lysol around and was okay.... just be cautious and you all be okay
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

Thanks for your response - it was really appreciated. I'm feeling a bit 'off' this evening. It didn't help that the woman I sit next to at work went home ill but everyone said it was a cold (she did sound pretty bunged up and she'd had a bad nights sleep!)

The girl who has been off for definite with v* didn't show symptoms at work and is still off (it's been three days) so starting to think it could be something other than noro..? I don't want to think too positively though and then it'll turn round and bite me in the bum!

So the girl who was off s* on Tuesday is still off. It's now Thursday. But she has been v* and then from across the way I heard someone saying 'maybe it's norovirus!' I've never really heard this said out loud before (does that sound weird?) and it terrified me. Doesn't help I am feeling under the weather due to lack of sleep!