Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question Tingling on the throat and gag??

Hey all!

For the last few days I have been getting a strange tingling sensation in my throat, on the roof of my mouth and eeep! on my gag

I think the feeling is linked with anxiety because if I get busy/laughing/talking I forget about it and I don't notice the tingling.

HOWEVER.

I have gotten it a few times when I am not (or I think I am not) anxious. My stomach feels fine, but my throat does not if you know what I mean?

Has anyone ever expirienced this? Any advice for relief? And of course, I need some reassurance, am I likely to V?

Thanks so much!

Sarah.

Default Re: Tingling on the throat and gag??

I get that occasionally from my acid reflux. Maybe try taking a tums. If you've had if for a few days, its not likely that you're sick,so thats a good thing. Try drinking some water when it happens.

Default Re: Tingling on the throat and gag??

Do you have any food allergies? I used to get that and then found out I have a sensitivity to walnuts. Not an outright allergy but my body just doesn't seem to like those and what you're describing was one of my symptoms, the other was an itchy tongue.