Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: sick

so i posted a couple days ago about my nephews having rotavirus or an intestinal thing and that this woman i work with is sick, well my nephews only had the runs and it turns out my coworker has the respiratory flu. so on tuesday i syopped worrying......at like 200 wed morning i wake up with chills,fever of like 101 and body aches, i got no more sleep that night and i struggled thru a little work til my boss sent me home,my mom called me and told me she had the same symptoms as me and she vomited twice, my stomach was fine so i didnt worry, the nausea got terrible last nite, i loaded up on dramamine and that took it away but this morning it was back now it comes and it goes, i have not had diarreah or gona at all for that matter i ate a little yesterday but nothing today. my fever is down but the nausea is terribe, my gf is like just puke you will feel better, i know she is right but you know i wont let myself

i just feel like hell and i cant use alot of sick time i cause i am going on vacation on apr 27 and i was gonna use some sick days this sucks what do you guys think it is?

Hi. Is your throat sore? I think if you've been feeling nauseous for so long you would have been sick by now. And if you haven't eaten much it probably means there's nothing to bring up anyway. It's good that your fevers down though.But remember what you are going through just now isn't pleasant, but you are GETTING THROUGH IT. And it'll be over soonso just keep on going.

And you'll be OK

xx

Just because you feel nauseous you won't be sick. I know when I get a fever I always feel queasy, but I never throw up. You are sick, andpeoples body reacts to sickness different. When I had the true flu, I just had a headach fever and chills. I felt nausous here and there but never v*. My mom got the same thing, and v* a couple times. So I wouldn't worry. If you were to be sick, you would have sick already by now. Just keep taking tylonel to bring your fever down and you should be fine. I hope you feel better soon, I know it sucks, but you probalby made it through the worst part.

Michele
    That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.

i just had the runs and the nausea is stil there i am hoping that whatever it is is just gonna come out the other end y know? ok back to sleep

Aww, I hope you feel better soon! How's your mom feeling? That might give you an idea of how long it lasts then you can at least see and end in sight. Just remember everyone is different just because your mom got sick doesnt' mean you will, yours seems to be more the other end. Let us know how you're doing!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

WELL IM VERY NAUSEOUS BUT I KEEP FIGHTING IT MY STOMASCH IS MAKING SOME WICKED NOISES WITHOUT THE DRAMINIME I WOULD HAVE THROWN UP I JUST KEEP FIGHTING

Oh no...I hope you feel better soon. The rotavirus is going around in my area. That affects kids MUCH WORSE than adults. I am sure you will be ok!

Keep us posted!

I am so sorry u are going through this. This is probably the worst of it right now. I hope you feel better soon. Let us know how you are doing.
    That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.

i THREW UP, BUT IT WAS MORE LIKE DRY HEAVING, ALL THAT CAME OUT WAS SPIT AND THATS REALLY IT IT MADE ME FEEL BETTER, WHY DO WE DO THIS TO OUR SELVES YUCK

OMG. You threw up? I can't even imagine. So was it worth all of the anxiety? Sometimes when I feel fine, I wish I could just v**, but when I actually feel a little sick, the thought of v* makes me panic. I'm so proud of you, you got through it. I am jealous.

HONESTLY, I HAD NO CHOICE AND I HAVE NOT EATEN IN LIKE 24 HOURS SO ITS NOT LIKE IT WAS ALOT, IT WAS SPIT, SORRY TO BE GRAPHIC, DONT BE JEALOPUS CAUSE IF I DO IT AGAIN I WILL BE AS MUCH OF A WIMP. I GUESS I WRETCHED AND WHATEVER WAS IN THERE CAME OUT, NO IT WAS NOT WORTH THE ANXIETY AN YES I DI FEEL BETTER, AND I WAS ALL ALONE I AM PROUD OF THAT

Poor thing[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]Just try to stay still, it will help your stomach to settle. And since you have a bug, no use worrying now. Instead just keep telling yourself-"tomorow, I'll feel a little better, Saturday, i'll feelmuch better and next week at this time, I'll be saying-thank God it is'nt last week at this time"

THANKS, I AGREE WITH THAT OUTLOOK I JUST DONT REALLY WANNA DO IT AGAIN YOU KNOW RIGHT NOW IM JUST WONDERING HPW I GOT IT

I know, I literally have woken up in the morning and gone to bed at night pondering that same question. If the sv bugs are not air bourne, and you have to be in close contact-like shareing food via utensils ect., or if someone was to v* on you or something. I really wish I knew exactly how it spreads! Imagine all the greif we could save ourselves!And also the timing-it's supposed to be you get it from 12-72 hours but I hear of lots of people that a whole week goes by and they get it. Emily,I hope you start to feel better soon. If you could get to a Dr., Compazine might work better than Dramamine.

EVERY ONCE AND A WHILE I FEEL A TWINGE OF HUNGER, WHAT ARE GOOD THINGS TO EAT? COMMERCIALS FOR FOOD ARE NOT BOTHERING ME AND I GUESS I DO FEEL SLIGHTLY HUNGRY MAYBE? ANYBODY KNOW WHAT I MEAN?

I would stick to white bread or saltine crckers. Something very mild. And drink sprite or ginger ale.

how about something like ginger biscuits? Thats what i eat, ginger is reall good. Eat a very little bit at a time.

I agree! Stick to things like those and mabey jello.

THE THING IS MY GF IS GONNA REALLY WANT ME TO EAT CAUSE I HAVE NOT EATEN SINCE YESTERDAY AT LIKE 300PM MAYBE I WILL I DONT KNOW

I'm proud of you! you have accomplished something. However, i
    dont' think your sickness made you wretch. I think it was
    actually the fact that you have not eaten, combined with the queasiness
    of a fever and such. Have some crackers or toast maybe?
    start slow. i'm sure you'll start feeling better soon.

Do what your heart tells you to-- even when your fears tell you not to.

You are alive....so live.

last nite at like 10 itook a shower bad move afer i git out i got so sick, i jus wish this would o away i made it thru the nite ok but no appetite and stilll nauseoues

Just continue to nibble on crackers and sip room temperature ginger ale. If you haven't eaten, the reason the shower made you feel bad is because you are so weak. Just take it slow.

istill have not eaten i have absolutley no appetite

god when am i gonna feel better?

Have you v* since yesterday? I'm sure the worst is over. Just try and rest and watch a little tv to get your mind off of feeling yucky. Can you eat anything? Even if its just a little jello to raise your blood sugar. Ginger ale is best to drink. There is also a tummy tamer ginger tea by celestial seasons-but I've never tried it.Hang in there Sweetie, keep telling yourself"next week at this time, I'll be all better".&nbs p; [img]smileys/smilies_08.gif[/img]

i threw up alot nite at 10 i took a shower and got sick in the sink im crapping alot but its not the runs anymore no no hunger at all none yuck

Then I'd say you should be very proud of yourself because you made it threw something that the very thought of it makes me paniky!I know you feel yucky right now but think of it... You made it threw!!!! And your ok!!!! You survived it!I know that I don't know you but I sure am proud of you!!!

thank you so much, i have no more fever and i can fathom the thought of food, more than anything else what hurts now is my ear, this is one weird ass illness, anyway now i am hoping iwill feel totally better soon and my gf does not catch it.

<div style="text-align: center;">[img]uploads/images/sunshine16/C6C_i-hope-you-feel-better-so&#111;n.jpg[/img]

Thinking about you, Hun!</span><br style="font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">
    Take care of yourself. </span><br style="font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">
    *Hugz*</span></font>

</div>

aww thank you so much laura that isso sweet [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]