Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default terrified- need support

I am new here....but I am really glad I came upon this web site, I am tired of feeling so alone and "crazy". I am terrified of V* and I mean terrified. Panic attacks and all so you can imagine what I felt when I woke up to the sound of my husband getting sick this morning. I have a 2.5 yr old and a 3 month old and I am panic stricken about when they will come down with it. I have quarantined my husband to a bedroom all day but we only have one bathroom. I have bleached everything possible and washed my hands raw. But.....my 2.5 year old shared dinner with him last night before he felt sick. Now I am just sitting here waiting for her to get sick and praying I can be a good Mom and comfort her when all I really want to do is run away. Please help me

Default Re: terrified- need support

Keep your head up. You're doing great. I know it's tough to be a Mom, I can't imagine how mine dealt with it, but it'll all turn out fine. Keep on fighting!

Sharing food before feeling sick is not a common way to share a stomach bug. Good luck -- we'll be thinking of you!

I feel your pain!! My poor husband is totally on his own when he's sick, and he knows it! I too live in fear that my daughter will be sick when I hear about others she knows being sick (friends, family,etc). A week ago, her friend was sick and I went into my daughter's room after she was asleep to sanitize her hands- fortunately she slept through it. She didn't get sick either. The panic is the worst...but I think your child would have had been sick by now if she had caught the bug since your husband was sick earlier today. Hope things calm down and that it's just a 24 hour thing and he's well tomorrow.

Awwwwww I know those situations can be rough, You dont know for sure that your little girl will get sick though, hopefully there will be a good outcome and she wont I hope your husband feels better too. In the mean time, take deep breaths, maybe go outside for some fresh air and just try to relax even though its hard everything will be okay!