Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Emetephobic Youtube Channel

Hi, guys. I'm new. My name is Kassie and I've had emetophobia since I was about 11 or 12.

I just started doing research on emetophobia about a few months ago. I've known I've had this disorder for quite some time, and always thought it was just something that I had myself. I started doing research online and on youtube, and found out that other people have the same problem that I do. I was shocked. All of these people go through the same things that I do: the panic attacks, the avoiding objects and places, avoiding people. I never thought others would be going through the same thing.

Upon discovering these youtube videos, I thought it would be a wonderful idea if we started a youtube channel for people with emetophobia. It could have 5 or 7 people (one for every weekday or every day) talking about their day and how they're dealing with their phobia.

I already have a youtube channel of my own, and I'm going to start talking about it in the near future. I want to find as many people as possible with this fear, and create a wonderful support program for people with this issue.

I'd love for people to come forward and show interest.

Default Re: Emetephobic Youtube Channel

I am very interested. This website and its members have made me feel so much better when trying to cope with the panic attacks. I would love to give others the same feeling of relief.

Quote Originally Posted by gerekayla View Post
    I am very interested. This website and its members have made me feel so much better when trying to cope with the panic attacks. I would love to give others the same feeling of relief.
    I'll send you a private message. Hopefully, we can get more people rounded up! Thank you for your response! It will be nice to have another place where we can see other people like us face to face.

-Kass

I would also be interested. i was so happy when I discovered this site last month, and realized I was't insane. I had no idea others felt the same way I do. I've always had some fear about v*, but after my last bout with the sv, my anxiety went out of control. Please let me know if this is something that is going to happen, I would love to start up something to help others who are suffering.

Kassie,
    I am also very interested. A communal emetophobia channel on youtube sounds like a fantastic idea!
    My YouTube Channel:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Emet Blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yay! There's about four of us now that have shown interest. Here's my idea: Each of us will have one day out of the week that we'll post, and every week there will be a topic we'll discuss. I have the first six or seven weeks planned out. I'm hoping we'll get at least five people, so that they'll be an update every weekday. It's definitely a commitment, but it's only once a week. Every time you upload, you'll have a chance to comment on the other weekdays ahead of you, and then dive into the topic.

I'm so happy you guys are showing interest!

The youtube channel I created is www.youtube.com/emetsanon.

My personal channel is www.youtube.com/deltanuxkcrp.

If you guys could send me PMs, that would be great. I want to start this hopefully by this Monday, with all the people showing interest!

Sounds good! Get back to me with details sometime
    My YouTube Channel:

My Emet Blog:

Firstly, I was hoping all of us could convene on Skype or a chatroom sometime this week to talk about the logistics and who gets what day, and the topics for the next few weeks. All of us need to be in complete communication.

We could do the chatroom on this site, I don't have a skype account. Let me know when you want to talk. I'm usually home by 3:00 Pacific time. Thanks for coordinating this!

That's actually a good idea. Hopefully once we get everyone situated and we all know who's going to do it, we can secure a permanent meeting place, maybe through g-mail chat or yahoo messenger or something. I'm willing to download a new messaging program to talk to you guys.

Hey, everyone. If you're truly interested in being one of the days for the new emet youtube channel, I'm planning a meetup in the chatroom on this website for THIS Wednesday at 5pm, PST. That's 8pm EST. If you can't make it but are still interested, PLEASE send me a PM. I wouldn't want to give your spot away!

In case you're fishing for more details, there's a youtube channel called Androgenetics that uses the format that we'll be using. You are welcome to check them out.

Each person is assigned a day of the week. At the beginning of the week, there's a challenge or a topic issued (for us, it will most likely be a topic). Let's say I have Monday. On Monday (or any time before) I'll shoot my vlog and upload it on Monday. If I have Monday, I'll upload every single Monday. I want this to run as smoothly as possible. I'll find someone else who is more dedicated than you if you miss a day without an absolutely necessary reason.

Here are the qualifications:

1. You MUST own a webcam or a camera to film your vlogs, obviously. My camera is an 8 megapixel HD camera, and it also comes with a phone. Why anyone needs an HD camera on their cellphone is beyond me, but I got it and I paid $500 for it so I'm going to use it.

2. You need to be able to talk to a camera for at least five minutes and be comfortable doing it. Obviously, some of the topics are going to press on your emotions a little bit, and that's okay. It's okay to show your emotions. This youtube channel is not so people will judge you.

3. You have to be DEDICATED. I don't want to log in on Wednesday and see that you didn't post on Tuesday if Tuesday is your day. It's okay to miss a day, but only if you tell us so that one of us can cover for you.

4. You don't really NEED your own youtube channel, but experience with uploading and editing videos is very helpful.

I have the topics for the first six or seven weeks already chosen, but those are subject to change upon who we end up with in the end.

If you're interested in being apart of the Emetophobics Anonymous Youtube channel, then please join me this Wednesday, February 8th, 2012 at 5pm PST, 8pm EST in the IES chatroom on emetophobia.org.

I'm looking forward to seeing you there!

I think this is a really awesome idea Kassie! I would love to be apart of this.
    If all of the spots are already taken then I will still enjoy visiting the page and watching the videos.
    I think this is going to help so many people. I know I would have been so happy to find something like this.
    I'll see you in the chat!

I think you just might have snagged the last spot, depending on who shows up tomorrow!

I'm looking forward to seeing all of you there!

I'm interested! Sign me up!

Yessir! If you can't make it to the chatroom tomorrow, send me a private message. Otherwise, see you there!

Come join us in the chatroom if you're interested in being a part of the youtube channel!

So bummed I didn't see this earlier, I'm sure all the spots are gone now and I missed the chat! Will definitely be subscribing though and if any spots become available PLEASE let me know!

Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."