Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Welcome to my NIGHTMARE!! (HELPME)

I dont know what is going on with my family! It's me, my STBXH (soon to be ex husband), and two kids ( 5 and 1). It all started Decemeber 14 when my 5 year old v* from a stomach bug. It passed through the house to my youngest and then STBXH and I only had d*. Things were fine for Christmas and on. Then January 18th is when the nighmare reared its ugly head! 5 year old v* 8 times and I came close but never did. My youngest caught it and a few days later so did STBXH. January 29th STBX got sick AGAIN and it cycled through to me, then my 5 year old and my 1 year old. TODAY my 5 year old is v* again! I don't know what is going on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have cleaned, I have washed everything, I don't know what else to do and am terrified I am going to get sick again!! I am having major surgery on my foot on Feb. 10th and don't want to get sick for that!! OH GOD SAVE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: Welcome to my NIGHTMARE!! (HELPME)

Pretty much on and off for the past two weeks someone has V* in my house!!!

What are you cleaning with?

Quote Originally Posted by kristinak View Post
    What are you cleaning with?
    Bleach and lysol

Um, do you think it could be something other than a sv?
    That sounds so odd that it'd keep cycling through. I thought you developed a natural immunity to noro once you're infected, that lasts for several months.
    Things that could make a person v include strep throat, ear infections, carbon monoxide, medications, migraines....
    Sorry you're going through this.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

No its been the stomach virus. I have taken everyone to the Dr's. We all have been tested for everything. The doctors said we are just the unlucky ones and apparently this is happening to a lot of people in my area ( hampton roads, Virginia) as there has been lots of posts on it on facebook! Apparently when the immune system is low after the first sv you can catch another one. Oh the joys. Praying that this last cycle was it!

I'm SO surprised to hear that if you've been cleaning with Lysol AND bleach that you had this go through your family like this several times. What kind of tests did your doctor perform? Ironically, I am from VB and still have most of my friends on FB that live there. I've not read one post about any of them having a sv*, and I talk to my mom daily. She's not heard of it going around either. I think doctors just say that all the time.lol..

Ive called the school, I've talked to friends that have kids and friends on my facebook. This season has been really really bad around here. I just deep cleaned my house with lysol, bleach, and steam cleaning. I pray to god my nightmare is over for a long while! I can't do this again. Everyone I know and am close to has been getting sick and it sucks so bad.

After reading what you wrote on my thread I was curious...to me it sounds like you need to get a different doctor to find out what is going on with your family. It RARE that there is 3 different strains going around at one time and rarethat a family catches it 3 times. If i were you I would really look into something more serious in your homelife. Something in your plumbling, air vents something that can be making you sick rather then a sv*. And your doctor can't say it is a sv* for sure unless they took a stool sample. And I definality re-teach your kids proper hygiene and put a hand sanitizer in their backpacks that kill noro.

I have had people come to my house to check for mold, plumbing issues and everything else. We have not been sick since we have lived in this house and just now are getting sick in the past two months. I actually just had someone here yesterday checking for mold and stuff and under the house and he found nothing. We all do wash hands (don't know if my oldest does at school as im not there even though he does at home). We have actually had a school in Suffolk (close area) closed down because of the outbreaks we are having here. My cousin who lives in Pungo (close area) is dealing with the same thing in her home.

Did your doctor test you for Noro? Cause you all could have a bacterical infection in your gut that is causing this...and while some blood tests may work a stool sample will tell all....

No, if it happens again I will deff call but its only been a 24 hour thing each time.

If I were would I would ask for some stool samples...I would have done it on the 2nd bout...like I said I know it has been bad in my area but not once has it hit a family twice. When we had it it ws only my hubby & I, neither kids got sick and my daughter was about 2 feet from my hubby when he v*ed on the living room floor. I know it CAN happen but it is not common. I hope your family gets better! I know I am praying for mine!

Good luck!!

How do you stand it? I think that I`d run away from home if I was in your situation!