Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question For the ladies: How do you do it???

Take birth control pills I mean...
    I was prescribed them for ovarian cysts and I HAVE to take them. the added benefit of protection against pregnancy is appealing to me as well as the shorter, lighter periods. Today will be my third day..I feel a bit queasy...will this get worse as I continue to take them?? How do you, my fellow emets deal with taking BC pills??

Default Re: For the ladies: How do you do it???

I've been on birth control pills since I was 14 and am now 20. I've had problems here and then with them, but otherwise, lighter periods and added protection is a massive benefit.

I have read and understand that it can take a few months to fully adjust to the birth control pill. It's going to be playing havoc with your hormones so you may feel n* but it's nothing worse that what you might feel during your period anyway. That's what I found anyway!

I take my pill every night at 8-830

It took me a few months to get into the swing of things...I felt a wee bit n* from time to time in the first month or two but not all the time. But it does get easier, I've been on them for about 4 years now and had no real severe n* or not much problems at all.

I am thinking about going on the Implant though just because sometimes with my asthma meds etc, I just get so tired of having to take stuff every single day!

Quote Originally Posted by Erica1649 View Post
    I take my pill every night at 8-830
    Do you take them at night for any reason in specific?
    Thank you all for your replies...I just took my pill a half an hour ago......nervous!!

No, no reason...sorry I kinda was distracted when I send you the reply haha.

Just an easy time for me to remember to take them, thats all. They say to do it the same time every night, but I think thats just so a person remembers.

Mine doesn't normally make me nauseous, but its so different with everybody!

its quite normal to feel a little n* when you start a new bc pill. I have, over the years, been on numerous different pills (micrgynon, yasmin, dianette etc) and i've found that the first 3-4 days is the only time i've experienced slight n*. I have certainly never v* from them. You just have to remember that your adding a hormone to your system and some people may be a little more sensitive to oestrogen.

Ginger biscuits are always good to turn to whilst this feeling settles down which i'm very sure it will :-)

All of this information is very reassuring. It's been about an hour and a half and I *think* I feel a little queasy(or is it all in my head?? ha!) regardless, if this is all I'm going to feel I think i can handle it! *fingers crossed*
    I have this irrational fear that all of the sudden out of nowhere I'm going to get horribly nauseated.....That wouldn't happen would it?

no, it won't come out of nowhere. Just keep yourself busy to distract yourself from even thinking about it and nibble on biscuits if you begin to feel queasy. and yeah i know what you mean...it could be in your head, but don't let your head rule your body! you'll be fine :-) x

Aw! Thank you!! <3

Sometimes it helps to take your pill at bedtime, because then you will sleep through the ickiness if you feel a bit n*. I always took mine at 10:00 pm on the dot.
    Disclaimer: Any nutritional or health related advice I give is well intentioned and intended for general educational purposes only that may or may not apply to your personal health situation. It does NOT in any way, shape or form constitute as medical or dietetic advice. I am not your nutritionist and you are not my patient. Please discuss anything you may learn from any of my health related posts with your doctor and nutritionist prior to making any related changes.

Love me or hate me I am who I am. It isn't going to change. Don't confuse a succinct response or commitment to accuracy as being cavalier or patronizing.

It usually takes a couple of months to get completely adjusted to the pill. I've been on my new brand almost a year, and now I only feel nauseous from it before my period. Just know that it's from your pill, and it will go away soon.
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I'd only feel nauseous when I took it on an empty stomach....but it's nothing like how sick I used to feel with my period before I went on the pill. I've been on bc since I was 18 and I'm 37 now. In December I got an IUD. It hurt like a mother you know what when she inserted it but I haven't had any problem since. It's nice to not have to take a pill every day too. And it lasts for 5 years! Not trying to recruit anyone, but just wish I'd done it sooner.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I am on the pill n was only very slightly queezy for the first month, there are so many benefits! no as you continue to take them it will probs get better

I wanted to die the first three months I was on birth control. My boyfriend swore up and down that I was pregnant, and for a while I did, too! It wore off, though. I never feel that way anymore. The only thing that bums me out when it comes to my BC is that I used to naturally have really light, two-day periods. Now they're an entire five days long, and a lot heavier. Pregnancy or two-day periods? It's a sacrifice.

The only way to deal with it is to just tell yourself that it's not anything real. It's just the medication. I never got physically ill, I just felt ill.

The pills always made me sick too! I switched to Nuva Ring and had no problems with it
    "We have to learn to be our own best friends because we fall too easily into the trap of being our own worst enemies."

I was on various BC pills for seven years. Even when I started taking the last pill I was on over a year and a half ago, it didn't even make me nauseous. I've developed a hormonal imbalance so now my body can't handle a birth control with any hormones in it so I get all kinds of side effects but of the 5 different pills I've tried, I never felt sick taking any form of BC until my hormonal imbalance came into play.
    My Mantra:
    If you continue to do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.
    -Originally an IES member since October, 2009-

When I had my IUD put in a couple of years ago it barely even hurt! I was expecting it to kill! Lol .. I had it taken out because it gave me a small cyst but I'm having it put back in at the end of this month for another try. I'm so excited to not take a pill anymore!
    My Mantra:
    If you continue to do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.
    -Originally an IES member since October, 2009-

So far it's seemed alright. The only side effects I'm noticing are strange dreams and a little bit of random queasiness here and there. I'm hoping that taking them will improve my hormonal imbalances! A few months ago I was having three week long periods, migraine headaches and brutal PMS. Not to mention these ovarian cysts! *fingers crossed*

hey guys
    i was at the doctor and (sorry i didnt feel like posting a new thread so im putting this here) he said he might want to put me on the pill because he thinks i get pms i get more panic attacks and suicidal thoughts and stuff, so i was wondering:
    are there any bad things that could happen from taking the pill? could you get stomachaches or nausia or anything?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I've been taking mine now for three weeks and the side effects I've noticed are as follows: Slight moodiness, fatigue, increased appetite and VERY slight nausea. I also have noticed that my breasts feel tender and are getting a little larger. It sure hasn't been fun for me(I am one of those people that feels EVERY side effect possible)but it HAS been tolerable. I am told that these side effects should diminish as time passes so I'm going to hang in there and see how it goes....

well, thats not good because you said its been causing you slight moodiness and one of the reasons my doctor wants me to take them is to get RID of moodiness...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well, everyone is different. I'm going through a really hard time right now so I'm not even sure if I can blame the pills for it. My doctor has offered to change the pills if I feel the moodiness is too bad. There are SO many different ones and I guess it sometimes takes some time to find the right one. I'm hesitant to change mine however, because for me I fear nausea far more than a few mood swings. These haven't been so bad as far as nausea goes. We shall see....