Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Just happened again please please help me

This sounds like the IBS that my children have! They produce too much stomach acid and then their stomach hurts and burns when they eat and when they don't eat! They get d* and severe n* to the point of actually v* sometimes. They are both on different types of antacids. The oldest takes Prilosec (name brand) and my son takes Previcid (name brand) They take it on an empty stomach 30 minutes before eating breakfast every morning. It has worked wonders! I too have done this on accasion but with mine comes severe heartburn so I take Nexium (name brand). If you are able to purchase these over the counter where you live, try them. The Prilosec and Previcid are both over the counter here in the US so I don't have to have a prescription for them any more. Although their Doctor gives us one so we can buy the generic form cheaper. Since starting these antacids they have had NO more problems like this! YAY!
    Something that seemed to help them and myself until I found out what was wrong was cinnamon and sugar toast. The cinnamon and sugar mixture kept their sugar up in their system and the toast helped absorb the stomach acid.
    I agree with Spilled_Milk, it isn't a virus you have had the pain and sickness feeling for too long. Try an antacid. Even if it is Pepto or Tums...

I have really bad IBS and I have had a many times go immediately to the bathroom cause of an IBS episode. I you haven't v* by now I seriously doubt you will, but I feel you. I hope you feel better.. Do you have anti anxiety medicine to aassist?

Quote Originally Posted by jsb333 View Post
    What are the chances of me being sick after all of this? I'm so scared I really Really really can't do this!!!!!

Thank you everyone for your help (I'm typing this on my phone and can't go up and down re-reading names sorry!!) day 10 haha just woken up and straight away had d again... So it's obvs a morning thing! The person who told me about your children and their medicines... I am going to look into that, thank you. I have tried lots before in the past that have never worked so I just need to find out what I have and what I haven't! Now I know its ibs the only thing that's bothering me about it is how different it is from my usual ibs! For a start I've never had a flare up this long! And I usually at least have some 'normal' stools with it too this has just been once a day the last week , but I guess that's where the eating thing comes into it! Today im gonna really try and push myself to eat more and if I have d it's because my tummy isn't used to it right? I am sticking with that explanation as its probably right but then there's been times I've gone a week+ eating a cracker a day (I used to go through some bad eating habits because of anxiety and fear of if I ate while I was going out that week I could be sick) and this never happened then! (and that wasn't erm all that long ago!) but idk maybe my stomach has changed! The good news is even though I've just had d and I feel horrible im not panicking

Ow but omg I took one of my tablets to ease stomach cramps again just now then made a slice of toast and put on it a tinyyy spread of jam for the sugar and I got through most of it but my stomach is in agony and I had to rush to the loo AGAIN! It's getting worse it's never twice in one morning!!!! And the pain is like high up in my actual stomach and not my intestines/abdomen area which also worries me its not ibs! And now I've been twice I'm panicking!!!

Yes that is exactly how it was with my kids. It actually took a week of taking their meds before it stopped. You may have an ulcer in your stomach from all the excess acid. If you do, then it will take even longer to heal that and it will be painful and aggrivating along the way. You will be ok. You just have to be patient as you can until the medicine actually gets into your system good. They told me NOT to drink milk BUT It really did help the burning FOR ME! I don't know if it would help you. ALSO if it is available where you are LIQUILD MAALOX is great to coat and sooth the stomach until you can get the other to kick in. I found I had to SIP it to get the dose down because my stomach would just roll at the the thought of putting something in it. BUT I didn't want to v* so I drank it, just much slower than usual. The Prilosec and Previcid tyes of medicnes are call proton inhibitors. They slow down the acid making process. The Maalox just coats the lining of your stomach. It keeps the acid from sitting there on the stomach lining. Then the proton inhibitors come in and help reduce the amount your stomach is making.
    Please remember I am a mom and a person that has gone through this! I'm NOT a doctor. If you are umcomfortable with this or interested, you should call your doctor to make sure it is ok for you to try this method. It did work for me though.

Thank you I am going back to the doctors this afternoon anyway so I'll ask but unless they can provide me with a miracle and make it go overnight I can't cope! I'm so sick of it I WANT to die! I can't wake up another morning with this! I have made so many plans for next week with my friends and my bf who I never get to see because they're at uni or college or im scared of catching a bug but I'd made plans for next week and I've been soo looking forward to them and now I'll have to cancel coz I can't do anything in this pain waking up with d every day I can't do it I want to be well or I want to be dead I hate it so much!!!

Omg ONG please help my stomach hurts so bad so I went to the loo I thought maybe d again but I felt like I was gonna be sick so scary and my stomach hurts more than it has all week now I can't be sick I can't be sick I want to die I would honestly rather have broken every bone in my body and be blind and deaf than have a stomach illness and this hurts so bad I can't do this

I seriously doubt that this is a sv as you have been having symptoms for over one week. This sounds like dyspepsia mixed with IBS and your anxiety level. If you are not eating the acid will give you a stomach ache as well. Are you prescribed Ativan or anything of the like?

I'm just so worried it is because some d bugs can last like 4-6 weeks and the pain is unbearable! Yesterday the doctor gave me merbentyl tablets, I've been taken them they don't seem to be doing much. Today the doctor prescribed mebeverine but I haven't been able to get to the chemist to get them yet although I have had them in the past and they didn't work

This pain and d is off the scale to be ibs, im pretty sure! And although the acid/no food thing makes sense, there have been so many times before I've gone longer than this without eating a thing (and I mean I've gone through packets of ginger biscuits and dry pieces of bread and the odd banana this week) and I've never suffered like this before! It hurts soooooo bad!

My IBS is so severe that it mimics ulcerative colitis and I have to get checked frequently. My IBS has caused such severe pain that I break into cold sweats and have gagged due to the pain. I have OCD and one of my compulsions is to stop eating.. Longest was 18 days and the pain I was getting was acid mixed with starvation. Anxiety is going to exasperate all of your symptoms and I know that it is easier said than done because I myself get all worked up when my stomach makes digestion noises and even worse when my boyfriend's stomach makes digestion noses. Keep your head up and know you ae not alone in feeling this way and talking will help!

I'm glad I'm not alone to be honest I did imagine everyone else coped with ibs and it's just me that obvs doesn't, so although I'm sorry you have it too I am glad in not on my own! Tonight I've been to see the out of hour doctor coz my pain got so bad... It still is. He gave me some Ranitidine (for acid) and is it domperidome? For ibs. Well that. I have had that before it didn't work but im trying it all again. He also said if it was a bug my d would be watery and I would have been sick... I know everyone's been telling me that anyway but hearing it from a doctor in person made me feel a little better. I am now home I've taken my tablets and I do have bad pain... It feels like period cramp but it isn't because my period went and obvs I'm not due on for another 3 weeks now. Like I feel like I need to go to the loo but I can't! That's a sign of ibs too isn't it? Just trying again to keep calm! Hope these tablets start to kick in soon! (I'm still scared in gonna be sick!)

I take hyoscyamine for my IBS along with omeprozole for the acid. Colon and stomach spasms are crazy pain. I know that when my stomach has the cramping and spasms I have to go to the er to have a certain type of cocktail drink tht is a mixture of litacaine and mylanta and it works great! Are you prescribed any benzos for your anxiety?

Owwww it hurts soooo bad!!!!!! Just as I'm about to get comfy in bed I get this hugeee cramp like I need to run to the loo and I get there and can't do anything! It's so annoying! Like when I have the pain I want d so it goes!!! I can't win! I don't wanna take any more pills tonight with everythjng I've taken (Ive had about 4 buccastem anti sickness tablets throughout the day too) and the tablets the doctor gave me yesterday and now the new ones... Plus I'm epileptic I have tablets for that I should be taking but haven't this week! Ow ow ow never gonna sleep

Update - it got worse and the d came back worse too so I went to a&e (the doctor had said to do that if it got worse) I'm here now on a drip as I'm dehydrated. Because the d got worse I started panicking it was a bug all over again because it's different again but since I've been in a&e going through all the different pills I've taken for the pain/ibs relief this week especially today she said my stomach will probably be worse tonight because of that and she won't give me anything else now so I'm still in pain.... Not as bad as it was coz when I first got here before we'd gone through what pills I had and hadn't taken she have me codeine and paracetamol which helped a bit! She also said bugs especially d bugs don't last this long I would have had to of had one bug then caught it again straight after which I obvs can't of coz I hadn't left my bedroom all week lol so she said just waiting on my drip to finish and blood tests to come back (one already has fine) then I can go home. Still gonna have to suffer though! I don't have anything for anxiety no and although I sound like some pill popper tonight (Im actually not) I do wish I had something for anxiety sometimes! The anti sickness tablets seem to keep me calmer but that'll just be a psychological comfort thing with me. Can't wait to be well!!