Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Re: Just happened again please please help me

Yes, gingerale or water. The last time I had a bug, it was just d but it lasted for 4 days steady. The only time I thought I was gonna v was the first bout of d (I was super close and readied myself, but somehow managed to breath through the feeling and then it was just d but still felt horrible). The anxiety you're feeling may be making whatever it is worse. Try and calm down, you can handle whatever happens. Breath, try to bring yourself out of the panic. Keep the tv on to distract yourself. Do you have a pet you can have for company and anxiety reduction? That helps me when I panic. Hope it passes soon!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Default Re: Just happened again please please help me

Hi just come to update.... IM SO SCARED!

I phones Nhs direct for advice last night and mentioned my phobia of sickness and got really upset and I told the nurse that if I'm sick I want to die, because I do I've thought this for years. So he said I had to go to a&e so they could give me anti sickness tablets so im not sick so I don't die.... Only I couldn't get to a&e as I don't drive and nobody in my house does! So I had to wait for transport to an out of hours doctor which I went to. He told me I have a bug and it's possible I could be sick tomorrow (today now) but he read my panic/suicide thing and told me these tablets will make sure I'm not sick and take away the nausea!

He also said the main bug going around ATM is just d and people aren't being sick with it just feeling it and it could last 4-5 days. I'm so so scared. Ive had these tablets before (buccastem the ones you put under your lip) and granted I have never been sick on them I'm still scared I still wil be and I feel REALLY sick! I still haven't had d since I first posted this thread (about 7pm ish last night) but I went all day yesterday before I had it again.

Would I have been sick by now? I kept asking the doctor that and he said it varies but I'm terrified!!!