Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Just happened again please please help me

At 4am I woke up with D, I went twice again between then and 5.30am and then was fine all day although feeling off still. I ate a slice of bread coz I got quite hungry but as soon as I'd eaten it I got bad stomach ache again but couldn't go to the loo then it went off and I just felt sick then I fell asleep and woke up about an hour ago and my mums been convincing me its ONLY ibs because I have that but never ever suffer this bad I usually go once and feel better then I'm fine! So since I was being told its ibs I thought 'Fuck it' and ate some chocolate fingers (I know not the best thing) and as
    Soon as I did I had to run to the loo for reall bad d again an it's getting worse and I'm so scared it must be a bug but why would I not be sick or have d all day? If I'm Sick now I'm gonna kill myself I can't deal with it I feel really really sick please please help me

Default Re: Just happened again please please help me

O man....if you have a bug, maybe its just all diarrhea which would be a good thing.

Try having a hot cup of tea. Also, if you still are hungry, stick to a bland diet for a little while til the diarrhea slows down...thats happened to me before, out of the blue. Usually after a bad bout of being constipated.

What are the chances of me being sick after all of this? I'm so scared I really Really really can't do this!!!!!

If you hadn't v* by now im sure you won't. Just try to drink something so you don't get dehydrated which can cause you to feel sick.

i cant drink because im scared that will make me sick, i had my first drink tonight, half a glass of orange squash (with the chocolate fingers) and thats when i had to run to the loo again so im not drinking or eating anything now incase it happens again! I have bad IBS that used to be REALLY bad but never THIS bad (this pain and sick feeling is new i dont understand whats wrong with me!) I'm soooooooooooooo scared of why I feel so sick! I mean if it was a bug wouldnt the D have been constant all day too? I had a sv a couple of yeaes ago that was just D and it was constant, green and watery for about 11 hours then just stopped (and that was defo a bug) but this is like, i dont understand why it would be so spread out!!! It's getting worse though!

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You need to calm down. Anxiety could be making the diarrhea worse. If you feel hungry, eat some crackers, toast or plain rice. If you don't drink you'll become dehydrated, and that will only make you feel worse. Sipping water will not worsen your symptoms.

Don't try juice, especially anything acidic. Try water and crackers or bread. These are all binding foods, and sugary juice can actually worsen d* symptoms. Feel better!
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

It sounds like a bug but don't worry it sounds like its just d*. The worst is probably over. Drink some gingerale until you get an appetite back and just sleep or watch your favorite shows, it always makes me feel better

Yes, gingerale or water. The last time I had a bug, it was just d but it lasted for 4 days steady. The only time I thought I was gonna v was the first bout of d (I was super close and readied myself, but somehow managed to breath through the feeling and then it was just d but still felt horrible). The anxiety you're feeling may be making whatever it is worse. Try and calm down, you can handle whatever happens. Breath, try to bring yourself out of the panic. Keep the tv on to distract yourself. Do you have a pet you can have for company and anxiety reduction? That helps me when I panic. Hope it passes soon!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Hi just come to update.... IM SO SCARED!

I phones Nhs direct for advice last night and mentioned my phobia of sickness and got really upset and I told the nurse that if I'm sick I want to die, because I do I've thought this for years. So he said I had to go to a&e so they could give me anti sickness tablets so im not sick so I don't die.... Only I couldn't get to a&e as I don't drive and nobody in my house does! So I had to wait for transport to an out of hours doctor which I went to. He told me I have a bug and it's possible I could be sick tomorrow (today now) but he read my panic/suicide thing and told me these tablets will make sure I'm not sick and take away the nausea!

He also said the main bug going around ATM is just d and people aren't being sick with it just feeling it and it could last 4-5 days. I'm so so scared. Ive had these tablets before (buccastem the ones you put under your lip) and granted I have never been sick on them I'm still scared I still wil be and I feel REALLY sick! I still haven't had d since I first posted this thread (about 7pm ish last night) but I went all day yesterday before I had it again.

Would I have been sick by now? I kept asking the doctor that and he said it varies but I'm terrified!!!

Also I just read that the d bug is almost constant and watery and green.... Mine is obvs not constant and it's not pure water or green but last night it was getting loser and changing colour slightly. Plus through the day yesterday I went to the lol through the day and it wasn't d.... Wouldn't it be d all the time if it was a SV? I'm so confused!!!!!

Buccastem are brilliant. They're what I take when I'm feeling really bad! Sounds like you might be over the worst of it now. Different bugs affect people in different ways. Try to relax a bit. I think if you were going to be sick you would have been by now.

I just slept all morning and woke up feeling a little better, I just got up to go to the loo but nothing.... Although it was the same yesterday and It came back last night! My stomach really hurts like an odd pain, high up and feels bloated and swishy and I do still feel sick! GRRR I just want to feel well and I don't want to get d again tonight and I don't want to be sick! I've just started sipping on my first glass of water (I had a couple of mouthfuls of juice yesterday - made me go to the loo) and I'm scared of the water! Why do we have to have these illnesses in life?!!!!!

Hi sorry to keep going on but I'm scared! I still haven't had d since last night, but I haven't eaten at all today (well only a slice of dry bread) but it wasn't until I ate more thanthat last night I had bad d again, but my stomach really hurts! If I ate food I know I'll have it, so I'm not, but I can't not eat ever again!!! Im so scared and scared I'll be sick! I've had another ago sickness tablet tonight but it hasn't helped coz I still feel sick! And this stomac ache is getting worse!

Are you sure you aren't hungry? Does eating a little bread or a cracker make it hurt?

Try eating. I get stomach aches and feel sick when I don't eat. I think the d* has passed, and you won't feel better until you eat a bit. Make yourself a piece of toast, and sit yourself down in front of the TV or somewhere distracting. Take a bite, swallow it. Wait a few minutes. If it goes down well, try another bite. Just keep going slow and steady until you finish the piece. I know you can do it!

I'm scared to eat though because the day before yesterday I went all day without having d a d it wasn't until I ate that it came back! Ive only had one glass of water over 2 days though so im
    going to drink some dioralyte now and see how I feel! I'm so scared!

Just drank it and I feel really sick! I can't wait to feel better I'm so worried I'll be sick or have d again!

Omg please help its made me like really bloated again and feel so sick like I can feel it coming back up ive just put a buccastem in my mouth to try stop me being sick but I already has 2 in the night and I'm meant to have one a day I'm sososso scared I'll be sick

Hi I'm sorry I'm still going on but I'm so scared! I still haven't had d since the night before last. Today I got out of bed for the first Tim and felt really weak so my mum told me to eat anyway, so I had some dry bread and she said at least put some ham in it coz I'm getting no nutrients.... So I had a slice of ham separately and then a biscuit and survived and didn't feel too bad. So at tea time my mum made potato waffles with chicken dippers for my little sister and told me to eat some too, I know they're not the best foods but she said they're bland and if I had a bug I wouldn't have gone all night and day without d I would have been goin even with no food in my body. So I ate that at about 6pm ish. I still haven't had d but my stomach ache has come back bad the last hour and I'm so scared! It's like around my belly button and spread across and feels crampy kind of its hard to explain! WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH ME?!! I dont wanna get d again and I don't wanna be sick I just want to be well and be able to eat food without getting stomach ache is it a bug? Or am I just going through a really bad bout of ibs?? Please help

Do you have IBS? It did sound like you had a bug but I would say the bug has gone away now. I think perhaps, if you have IBS, after a bug like that you are going to feel a bit painful and uncomfortable; your digestive system will be a bit out of sorts. I really do not think there's any reason why you will v*.

Buccastem can cause constipation so it could have sort of given you constipation even though you were having d*.

It could be that the whole thing has been a very bad IBS episode but do you usually get it this badly?

I really think you are on the mend now! Please drink more. Don't gulp it down but do drink. Sip gradually if you don't feel up to it. You could end up feeling dehydrated - you need more fluids than usual if you have d*. The rehydrating sachet thing sounds a good idea too. Ribena or Lucozade or something might be quite helpful also - clear fluids are what you need; avoid dairy until you feel recovered. xxx

I really think that your anxiety is making this worse. Even if you do have a bug, or anxiety, or anything, you are freaking out, and that does cause d*, so do everything you can to distract your mind and concentrate on different things.

I do have ibs yeah but im sure it's never felt like this before! Today my stomach still hurts and is gurgley and I STILL feel off food I'm so sick of it I've lost loads of weight from not eating I'm now 7st4 which according to my mum checking my BMI is anorexic and im all weak from not eating or doing anything but I can't do anything because my stomach hurts too much! I don't think it's ever gonna go

I remembered when I had a bad ibs flare up a couple of years ago so bad and I lost so much weight I became REALLY suicidal that I went to see the doctor and he called me an ambulance.... My blood sugar was so low they practically force fed me a cupcake and from that point onwards I started to feel better (and eat more) so today I've just eaten a cupcake.... I wasn't hungry and didn't enjoy it but nothing happened, then my mum made tuna and cheese toasties and said I should eat one... I know I shouldn't eat chess when I've had a poorly tummy but this morning I've started with a chesty cough which my sister has had and she has been off food so I thought, maybe I'm off food feeling sickly coz of the cough thing and my d was ibs? Could it be? I only ate half my toastie and I do feel ill but my throat is sore and I sti haven't had d since 7pm 2 nights ago! If it was a bug would I have had d more than that?

It all sounds like a bug to me and luckily for you, only D. You need to ONLY stick with bland foods. You keep saying that your stomach hurts and you still feel sick, but then you go and eat something that isn't good for your stomach right now which can just further upset it. Rice, dry toast, applesauce, tea (WITHOUT milk or cream), bananas.. anything BLAND. Chicken dippers, tuna & cheese toasties.. those are NOT bland and will probably make you feel worse. Stick to a bland diet then slowly graduate to protein like small bites of chicken, ect. Any clear fluids are fine like flat ginger ale, small sips of water or tea.. nothing heavy.

Bugs vary with everyone so I can't tell you if you've had the "right" amount of diarrhea or not for it to be a bug. Just try to relax, stay calm and eat bland foods until you feel you can handle something with more substance. Feel better.
    My Mantra:
    If you continue to do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.
    -Originally an IES member since October, 2009-

Thank you but I only eat them to kind of spite myself even though that's pointless, like I think ' well if i eat this and survive then I'm obvs better' it's just so scary! What exactly makes you think it's a bug over ibs? I know you say they vary so you can't tell the 'right'amount of d which makes sense but I just think SURELY eating (especially what I've been eating) it would have made me go again! Instead I do happen to be constipated (sorry for all the info) which is a symptom of ibs (that I had d over 2 days but only 2 hours in total to then go to nothing) I'm just confused! I don't want it to be a bug it scares me so much!!!!

I really think you are not eating correctly. No matter if it is a bug or IBS, what you are eating is really bad and will make you feel worse. You're also not eating enough. You need to eat blander first, and then start eating more.

If you haven't been having d* when you eat anymore, then it is safe for you to eat more. I know that it's hard to believe, but not eating or not eating for a while and then eating something bad for you WILL make you feel sick.
    Last edited by spilled_milk; 02-05-2012 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Posted before I was done

The only thing I can recommend is eating bland (spelling?) food - because anything else irritates bowel and worsens d*
    It was hard but I'd do it again (c)
    Sometimes it takes a thousand tries to win (c)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ok Its hard to eat bland food when there's no bland food in the house though! The blandest I can get is dry bread and when I eat just that My mum tells me I'm getting no nutrients and I need something with it, my mum might not be an expert but I do get wobbly and dizzy and shaky when I only eat that too! Before I went to sleep tonight I went to the loo and had a normal stool and thought woohoo I'm on the road to recovery! But it's 12.45 and I've woken up with stomach ache again! I've been to the loo but nothing... But I'm scared of having d again and I'm scared I'll be sick tonight

Honestly I think that not eating or drinking has made your issues worse. Dehydration will make u feel like utter crap, this I know from experience. And not eating will cause u to feel bad too. U probably had a case of IBS, which was made worse my extreme anxiety. You need to get rehydrated, at least. Take a probiotic, and a multivitamin.
    Maybe you should keep a meal replacement drink on hand for times like this.

If you haven't had D* in this long, then you are in the clear for a sv. But you won't feel better until you get ur nutrients and hydration up.