Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Just happened again please please help me

Thank you. Can you buy meal replacement drinks from shops? Because my doctor prescribed me some forti sips ages ago for times like this, the juice ones in fine with but the milk ones seemed to interfere with ibs and make me worse and I haven't even attempted the yogurt one that ccame in the packet for that reason so l don't have anything like that in the house except yogurt and milk based drinks! I hope I don't have d tonight/tomorrow and just stay clear now ahhh!

What about boiled potatoes. It's bland but full of potassium, which is essential at d* times.
    I've seen some food replasement drink at Boots and tried one - tasted awful((
    It was hard but I'd do it again (c)
    Sometimes it takes a thousand tries to win (c)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you but today is different AGAIN! GRRR omg I'm getting so sick of life!!!!! So I woke up with a period which is strange coz I only came off my last period not the Friday just home but the one before... So ive had a week of no period basically! I decided to start the contraceptive pill for the first time in years on Wednesday, I took one pill and that was the first night I woke up with bad d so I hasn't taken it again since, so I would have thought if I was gonna start my period again soon it would have been Thursday after not taking the pill again! Anyway, this period is different to my usual periods not just because it's here early... Everything about it is different! Today my stomach ache and feeling sick is so much worse so idk of its coz I have a bug (and have all this time) its ibs or it's coz of this weird period! Either way I know I'm gonna have d again today my stomach hurts too much but I CANT DEAL WITH NOT KNOWING!!!! I'm on my 5th day in bed when I get up to shower/bath I always feel worse after there's just no hope for me I'm never gonna be well I HATE THIS!!!

It's your period. I very highly doubt you have a bug, this has been going on way too long and you haven't even had more d* in days! You do not have a bug I think this is extreme anxiety and IBS, probably exacerbated by your weird period and not eating much. I agree with the boiled potato. Its filling and will give you nutrients, and is also binding so it's very unlikely to cause d*. If you do have d* it is because of your period. I always get d* with my period, and you haven't had d* in a few days (from what I can remember). I hope you start feeling better soon!
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

That is the most reassured I've felt in ages thank you! Just keep tellin myself it's weird period! NOW I'm worrying coz my little sister has a fever but has had like sore throat and cold symptoms too and flu has been going around our area there were 11 kids off in her class at school last week with it but not a SV, just flu (which I can cope with) but she's only 5 and the chances of her being sick becuse of her really high temperature are quite high! This is gonma bug me now that even though I'm nearly 19 I'll catch that and be sick with it! Oh no! There always has to be someone poorly in our house!

I agree, to get your system back to normal you should try eating a little. And the bread is fine, toast it and put some jam on it. The biggest issue is to stay hydrated.

I ate a bit of bread yesterday and also some ginger biscuits coz I keep being told how good ginger is for stomachs and was fine. I got up today and have d AGAIN! what if it's not my period and it is some dragging out bug?! I'm never gonna be able to eat again I I get D whenever I eat bread and a ccouple of biscuits imagine a day I try a meal! I'm so scared and so sick of it!!!!!

But I haven't had d in 5 days now It was Thursday night the last time! IM SO CONFUSED!!! My stomach really hurts I really can't deal with this any longer!!

It's definitely your period now. Think about it, you haven't had d* for five days and now you have your period. You may have had it again, but it's definitely not the same cause. I know it's hard but try to nibble a little more and keep hydrated! Remember that is is your period.

I don't think it's my period either though but I've come to the conclusion NOW it has to be a bad flare of ibs. I ate some plain boiled potato earlier not much, it gave me stomach ache but nothing happened. Right now for the first time I feel starving! So I just had a slice of plain bread again but during eating it, it made my stomach gurgle (and not in a hungry way) and hurt but I still forced mysf to eat it anyway! I just hope this hunger means the end is near and I dont get d again!!!!!!

I agree that its just your period now, keep eating bland foods to settle your stomach/ibs. Wherenever I get d it's usually my own fault (like eating too many rich foods) so I sip on water and try to eat more bland/fiberous things the rest of the day and that seems to help alot.
    "Be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars. In the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul."
    -Max Ehrmann

It's defo not period.... Im scared it's a bug so bad but if it's not it's definitely ibs. I've just woken up and had bad d again and I know I'll go again! This is so frustrating how much longer can it possibly go on????? I don't even wanna try eating even bland foods now I know I'm just gonna get d again and again and again and it's never gonna go! Fml I hate it so much!!!!!!!

Just eaten a banana and while I was eating it it was hurting my stomach! Its all gurgley and painful and I feel really sick I'm so scared I'm gonna be sick what if it IS a bug?! How can I settle my stomach and make the d go away

It is not a bug you have now, but I will tell you this. If you don't eat properly and sleep better it will lower your immune system and make it easier for you to catch something.
    Right now your system is all screwed up, hence the weird period coming on and such. Your anxiety is messing with your entire system. I get d* when I stress, as well as with my period. And your so worried about it all the time that you are talking tour body into it!
    Try some Imodium or pepto! That will work wonders for your anxiety because it will stop the d* and let you get some good meals in you. Without a propert diet ull get D* as well. Or if you don't eat enough it can happen too. There are too many other factors here that are pointing to things other than a bug.

Please don't worry, I have been in the same boat as you are, wondering about strange d* for weeks, and as soon as I stopped stressing so much, it cleared up.
    Anxiety and stress is like a poison to our systems and it can do alot of harm if we let it.

I don't like taking immodium or anything that is meant to get rid of d because it just blocks me up, leaves me in pain for a couple of days and then the d just comes back worse! I've just had a slice of dry toast too but eating that hurt my stomach and my belly is swollen! I can't eat anything if eatin dry toast and a banana does this to me! I'm literally so fed up now, I change my mindset and tell myself I'm fine, it's only ibs and it's gonna go and think about things in gonna get done/do when the d has stopped but then I get d again or my pain gets worse and I feel 100X worse emotionally as well! I can't do this for much longer!

It sounds to me like all this anxiety is causing you to have ibs flare ups... it is not a bug so let that theory go. You have to understand putting your body through the amount of anxiety you've been feeling is going to have bad effects, your bowels are already susceptible to ibs they are even more now with the stress you are putting on your body... until you realize and relax that this is how our body responds when we do this to ourselves it will probably keep coming and going alot like this.

It's not a bug. It absolutely CANNOT be a bug having gone on this long and disappearing and reappearing. Bugs don't do that. Put this out of your mind. If you believe it's not your period, then it is just IBS. You have been in an all out panic for almost a week now, that is bound to continue an IBS flareup. You MUST relax!!!

definately not a bug. I'm dealing with the same problem for a month now. For me it's gastritis acting up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I just get myself into a relaxed state of mind though when all of a sudden, the pain comes back worse and I have d again so im just loosing all faith in trying to keep myself relaxed! All I want is to not be bloated, not have a gurgley stomach, not have a stomach ache, be able to eat even dry bread without it hurting and go to the toilet without d like a normal person!! What can I possibly do other than relax to make that happen? Im hungry I want to eat but I can't because as soon as I start I'm in pain!!!! I'm so emotional I know that's the worst thing to be feeling to make it go away but I can't think of ANYTHING that's going to help make me better!

What about Loperamide (stool hardener)? It helps almost immediately.

Have you tried pepto/tums/any stomach remedies? They aren't as hash as immodium and will help settle your stomach.

Hi jsb333! Last year, when I was writing my senior thesis, I had d* for a straight 2 weeks. It was just stress (probs ibs too but I haven't really been officially diagnosed) What you're going through right now sounds exactly what my problem was. I literally had to force myself to eat meals, and they were pathetic meals. And after I ate, I would have terrible pains and sometimes d*. I know this sounds really hard right now (and believe me, I couldn't do it then, but I didn't have anyone to tell me to) but you NEED to distract yourself. Getting stuck inside your head is the worst thing you can do. Also, not eating is making your troubles worse, trust me. There's so much acid in your stomach as is and not eating is just making your stomach hurt because there's nothing to buffer the acid with. It's probably why your d* is so persistent. And because you haven't been eating, your stomach is hypersensitive. What I ended up doing was buying really fancy chocolate bars and eating little pieces after meals. It made me happy and I enjoyed eating them. Reminding myself what I enjoyed about eating was really helpful. It also reminded me that there was nothing truly wrong with me. So my advice to you; go do something fun! You live in England right? (I can tell by what you say) England is my favorite country! Go for a walk (if it's not raining) exercise is the best for these things. Or go buy a fancy bar of chocolate. Do SOMETHING to take your mind of the pain, and I promise it'll get better!

Thank you everyone again! Are you sure it's ibs? Last night I went to sleep feeling actually fine! My stomach ache had eased a lot for the first time I tidied my room to keep me occupied instead of just sitting in it feeling sorry for myself and I felt REALLY hungry (but didn't eat) this morning when I woke up... First thing that happens, I go to the loo and have d AGAIN! It's still bad as if ive been eating loads when all i had yesterday was a banana and dry toast and I hadn't had time to try eating yet this morning and now I REALLY don't want to! The d only seems to be first thing on a morning really bad and goes through the day (well that's how it's been all week) but I know if I eat it will come through the day too and id rather only have it on a morning than all in the day as well! So fed up I can't do anything! Day 9 in bed watching DVDs

At this point you could have D* because u aren't eating. There isn't enough in your system to make it harder. Especially if you have IBS, your guts are going to react with inflammation and acid. I think the best experiment at this point is to eat well for an entire day. Healthy, fiber rich foods that will help bulk up your BMs and use that as a test. Eat small meals, at least 3-4 times. I'll bet by the next day you will be feeling better. Avoid fatty greasy stuff.
    And honestly if eating normally for a day or so doesn't help, then I think a trip to the dr would be beneficial. It seems that you may have an inflammation issue or maybe an infection causing digestive upset.
    But please please try and eat normally for a day and see if that helps.

What are high fibre foods? I've just had a banana again because I know they're supposed to be good for stomachs but eating that made my belly growl in pain the whole way through and now it hurts more! I can't possibly eat anything else for the rest of the day now! I do have a doctors appt this afternoon but he won't do anything for me!

Omg just had some ginger biscuits to try help and my stomach hurts so much I'm sure it's a bug now why else would it hurt so much especially when I'm eating and I feel really really sick I'm so scared!

Ok, the reason your tummy hurts when you eat is because you haven't been eating properly at all. Your digestive system has been sitting dormant, almost switching off because you aren't using it, putting energy else where because you're not giving your body what it needs. When you do eat, it's kick starting into action, thinking "oh no, I have to wake up!! What is this?!" because you haven't fed your tummy for so long. Then, once it has recognised you're giving it nutrients and energy, your tummy goes into overdrive of acid because your body is assuming you are going to feed it more because it craves food so badly. Therefore, your tummy hurts because of the acid, your body ends up digesting the acid with only a small piece of food, and that is why you're experiencing d*. I feel as if you are associating tummy pain (because of the acid and the unfamiliar sensation of food being in your tummy) with feeling sick, but try to know the difference between tummy ache and actual n*. your tummy could also have shrunk slightly and you may be feeling discomfort because of that. ll of your sptoms point toward the fact that you aren't eating. I gaurentee if you eat a tad more than what you are now, and try to battle the anxiety through, your symptoms will subside or maybe even vanish completely

That actually made sense (although I'm still not 100% convinced) I went to the doctors he gave me more anti sickness tablets for the nausea and some merbentyl for stomach ache. I took one of them stomach tablets and then read that last post to me and thought about what you said and ate some more ginger biscuits and a slice of bread but with a tiny bit of spread on it too and my stomach has felt slightly better since then... But then again last night it felt better and I woke up feeling terrible again! Tomorrow I will try again with more eating, just hoping I don't wake up with d again although I probably will :/

You have to remember that even if you do have stomach pain or d* tomorrow it is because you are exacerbating the IBS symptoms by not eating properly. You HAVE to eat properly or this will continue happening. You do not have a stomach virus at all. I don't think you ever did. I would bet all my money that this is not a virus and it will be fixed by eating properly. Sorry to be emphatic haha but you have to put this virus idea out of your mind!!!!! I know you're nervous but the only way this will stop is if you eat something substantial. As Elphiba said, when you don't give your stomach food it switches into "survival mode" because it doesn't know when you're going to get food next. Once you feed it a little bit, your stomach switches back on and produces a LOT of acid. If you don't feed it enough (aka only a few ginger biscuits) you have an overload of acid which causes d* and stomach pain. Eat a full meal and stop the cycle! I believe in you.

I'm so glad that the explanation got through and that it made sense. Well done you for having something to eat and not panicking - remember your tummy is going to feel strange as you haven't been giving it proper and regular food. Make sure you eat little and often for now, and when you feel hungry - DO EAT! don't deprive your body when it's asking for something to make you better just stick to foods such as: pasta, bread, butter, crqckers, ryvita and non acidic fruit like bananas. Drink plenty of water as you're probably very dehydrated - drinking will also make it easier for your food to digest, but remember little sips.

In regards to the d* - try your upmost hardest to not panic and say to yourself: "i'm not going to the loo tonight because i don't need to", actually say it outloud and be positive in your thinking. Tell your body it will start to mend - if you think or worry of having d* tonight, you inevitably will as you worry yourself into it. Don't panic also if you do have loose stool tonight, it will take a while for your food to digest and therefore excess acid from before (you're not eating properly the past few days) will need to come out unfortunately, but I promise it will be ok and not a bad thing if you want to pm me about your progress or anything else let me know