Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thumbs down I feel like I've been exposed like 4 different times..

-sigh- so this is kind of a rant but I also am looking for some relief.
    So monday my mom went to kaiser to pick up some medicine for me and on Wednesday she told me she thought she mightve caught something while she was there. She's been sneezey and dry coughing and a scratchy/irritated throat, so I doesn't sound like a sv/noro/rota/flu, maybe just a cold or allergies. I'm worried I'm going to catch whatever she has since we have to share a bed (live with my grandma/pa so space issues). So it's been about maybe just over 48 hrs since Monday and I'm hoping I didn't catch anything/it's not a sv. She also said there's a nose-throat thing going on at work so that's what she might have and it doesn't sound too bad but idk.
    There was also a girl in group yesterday who has a cold and I spent an hr and 30 there. I'm worried since I'm pretty much at home all day an worried my immune system isnt as good.

Right now I'm starting to panic because my gpa is talking about how he's getting hot flushes in the face and feels like he might get the chills and his nostrils are wide open and he probably has a bug. And earlier today he was talking to my gma in Spanish and he said stomach flu a couple of times.

Now I'm just starting to really feel trapped and scared and all emotional since I'm due for my period.
    Earlier today I felt sick-ish like hot/fever-y and kinda n, but I have allergies and it was a nice day so I opened the back door prettying all day and didn't wind up taking my benadryl till about 4.
    -sigh- I'm starting to just ramble now. Well after a while I felt better but i screwed up the thermometer and now it only reads 96.3F. Earlier I felt really tired/sleepy but I'm feeling kinda normal now.

-sigh- I REAALLY hope no one here has an sv. Not just for my sake but my grandparents are in their 70s so it won't do them any good.

Sorry for the long post, what do you guys think?

Default Re: I feel like I've been exposed like 4 different times..

Well no one has actually got the stomach flu in your house have they so they might just have been talking about it going round or anything - did you hear their whole conversation properly or just get snippets because you might just be jumping to the completely wrong conclusions here and getting yourself all worked up over nothing!

What your mum has just sounds like a bog standard cold/upper respiratory thing - I have had one for a week - a really tickly cough thats going chesty, sore eyes, sore throat - everything and neither my baby who i have been in close contact with nor my fiance who i share a bed with have caught it and my fiance isn' OTT with handwashing or anything so people don't always catch these things, and even if you did it isn't an illness that will lead to vomiting.

I think your other symptoms are anxiety because you are getting in a flap worrying about it all - what will be will be and if you catch a cold you catch a cold, you will manage and you won't be sick with it. And even if someone on your house does ever get a tummy bug then you can avoid getting it by good hand hygiene and not letting that person prepare food for a few days, it does not have to spread through the entire house.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks for replying. Ya i started to not worry so much after a while, unfortunately right now im awake and its 3:45am here. I was having trouble getting to sleep since 1am and was asleep off and on. I dont feel like sick but it kinda makes me worry. If anything i feel kinda hungry, i didnt eat much today. Kinda like when you wake up and feel gross cuz youre so hungry and it goes away once you eat. Im probably gonna eat a snack slowly and see if it helps.

Thats a good idea about having a bite to eat, hunger can make you feel nauseous which you don't want! These things always seem worse in the night, i hope you can get back off to sleep and you will feel loads better about everything in the morning. Nighty night - i'm just off to have my lunch

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.