Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: freaking out

Default freaking out

Please help, i have done really well my 2 year old has just gotten over a sick bug which i managed to hrlp him through without running away!!!! However now im scared to go to sleep in case i wake up sick, its really gettin me down my hsnds hurt from constany cleaning them and im 32 weeks pregnant! Just cos my son was ill does it mean i will :-(

Default Re: freaking out

Good for you for getting through it and not running away! Keeping up good hand hygiene and disinfecting things is the best way to avoid catching it. (which it sounds like you've been doing!). If you can, try and get some sleep, you'll feel better for it and it's good for your immune system!

Im scared to go to sleep just want it to be morning!!!

Yeah it's always worse at night isn't it? Have you got a fave film or something you can put on to try and get your mind off it? If I'm feeling bad I sometimes do that and end up falling asleep b4 it finishes!

Night time anxiety is always the worse for me as well...you definately need some sleep...it may help you a bit....at least its the weekend tomorrow so you can sleep in and relax too.