Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I'm making everyone crazy!!

I have had this phobia for as long as I can remember. I'm 32 now. I have 3 young children ages 4,3 and 13 months. So far this winter we have had one s.v. and I managed to contain it to just the 3 yo. But I think I'm turning my poor 4 yo into an emet. The last thing I tell him when I drop him off to preschool is "wash your hands, use the towel to turn the water off, don't touch your face at all." When I pick him up I ask about his day but always include "was everyone there today? was anyone sick?. He has told me he's afraid to vomit and I make him immediately wash his hands when we get home.

My FIL is here visiting from out of state. He took the train from the airport to DH's work. I texted DH to tell him to wash his hands after being on the train. He texted me back pics. I'm sitting here freaking out now because they're going to Indianapolis tomorrow for super bowl activities including a buffet lunch.

I lay awake for hours at night waiting for one of the kids to vomit. I mention to them nightly that if they wake up sick to run to the bathroom and then call for me. I watch them like hawks when out and about to prevent little hands from going into mouths. The two older ones beg me to go to Burger King's indoor play place. We just moved here and I caved once and let them go.

This fear is ruining my enjoyment of their childhood.

Default Re: I'm making everyone crazy!!

Just reread my post and realized everyone uses v* instead of the actual word...sorry!

hi there, im right with you momma. i have a 6 year, 26 month and 13 month old. with my daughter when she was little, i watched over her all of the time, like the hawk. paranoid 24/7. i home schooled her and then she had to start public school, as her bio dad had it ordered in court. i couldn't handle it, she is now living with my mother attending public school, living there indefinitely. and my babies oddly enough i dont watch over like i did to my daughter. i dont take them out from nov till march, except necessary things, but i know this cant continue forever. my 6 year old is i complete emet. i feel so guilty about that...she caught 2 svs this year in school and has such anxiety...i know i cant be much help, but im with you. not feeling alone is comforting. i feel like the worst mother ever most days

I am the same way. Mine are 12, 9 and 7. My 12 yr old is definately emet, and I pray she only has a mild issue.
    But I can definately say that my issues have kept them from doing alot.
    They are homeschooled ( for more reasons than the emet, but that was a huge deciding factor)