Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I swear it seems non-emets are so insensitive about spreading their svs. I'm sure many of you have seen my posts that my daugther had a horrid sv last week. Well, I kept her in the house for 4 days, even though she felt fine the day after she v****ed 9 zillion times, because I didn't want to spread it. But last night, we went to my sister's house, and her father-in-law stopped by, kissing and hugging everybody, and on his way out announced that he had just had a horrible sv with nonstop vomiting! I didn't ask how long ago because I didn't want to look insane, but he shook my husband's hand, and hugged me (right before we ate dinner, and AFTER we had already washed our hands! My husband had a sandwich and ate it with his hands!) Now I'm back waiting to get it just when I was starting to feel better!

I'm really mad at him. How g.d. inconsiderate is that? STAY HOME for a few days rather than spreading your horrible disease to people! I really want to kill him!

UGH! I totally agree. If everyone would wash their hands properly and stay home while they were sick...this world would be a much better (and healthy) place.

Did you get your daughter's sv?

Hi madisonsmom . . . not yet (knock wood) . . . she had it 10 days ago now, and my husband and I have been OK (although I had some diarreah and fever for 2 days, but no v***, so I'm not sure if it was her sv presenting differently . . . ).

I meant I was starting to feel better because I was starting to think were were safe from catching it from her or my house . . . I've been a nervous, handwashing, Pepto-guzzling, Lysolingwreck for the last week and a half. I washoping life could get back to normal, but thanks to Larry, I have to go back into emet-mode. GRRRRRRRRRR!

Sounds to me like you did get it with the D. When my whole family was sick, sister and her kids and me and my two kids and BF, all the kids were V and the adults were only D. But we still had it. I think kids just get a bit of a worse case than MOST adults. I think you'll be just fine.

OH YEA...sorry...I remember your post because I replied to it![img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

I would have been livid! It just ticks me off how people can "just not care" about spreading virus's!! I went through so much crap at Christmas time with my brother and his kids and when I think about that day it makes my blood boil!

AHHHH I HATE NON-EMETS! lol I totally relate.

xoxo

Allie
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I got so angry at my daughters teachers. We are supposed to have a 24hr rule at our school(no v*, d* or fever for 24 hrs before returning to class)and even though this little girl v* all over the place on the way out of school, the next day she was there in line! I just had a horrible feeling mine would catch it and sure enough, 36 hrs later, my Alia got it. That was on Holy Thurs. night-I did'nt even want to celebrate Easter. So when I took Alia to school on Mon.I expressed my displeasure to the teachers(to say it lightly). I am often afraid of what I say about sv*s to people though because non emets don't really care and act like your nuts or something.I was going to talk to the nurse too because I don't know how proper handwashing could be being done since the school does'nt even refill the soap dispensers and also the janitors do a lousy job cleaning the bathrooms. I have my Girl Scout meetings there and I bring my own Lysol and hand sanitizers, lately though, I have to have my co-leaders bring the girls to the bathrooms-to scared to go in.