Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Re: About the Forum Upgrade, New Look, and Path Forward

I really like Barbie's idea, I hadn't thought of that. It doesn't seem anything like that exists currently, but if someone tracks it down, let me know. That would indeed be a great option.

I don't see requiring a photo working on a forum like this where anonymity is a concern. Especially for people that have never been here before and have no trust developed. We're also not going to manually approve every member. It's a ton of work to avoid one or two troublemakers, and there would be no way of knowing if they were or were not one of who we're watching for anyway.

I appreciate the link to the forum mod. Unfortunately that is compatible with a very old version of the software and only checks the banned IP which is the root problem, we don't know the true IP because of the proxy. We already ban by IP, but thanks!

To the upgrade itself...the greater point is that although we have a pain in the ass user, we don't stop doing everything else we need to focus on that exclusively. We do what we need to AND we try to improve on that issue. Sort of like just because you may need to go on a diet, you don't need to quit your job to focus on that entirely because that would cause it's own set of new problems.

I appreciate the suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I really like Barbie's idea, I hadn't thought of that. It doesn't seem anything like that exists currently, but if someone tracks it down, let me know. That would indeed be a great option.
    Facebook has something similar, at least if you want to do anything without constantly having to do those stupid authentication boxes. I don't know of any specific software that could achieve this, but there has to be some way to do it. It might be something that you would have to set up through a mobile or internet provider, not through software. I don't know.
    Disclaimer: Any nutritional or health related advice I give is well intentioned and intended for general educational purposes only that may or may not apply to your personal health situation. It does NOT in any way, shape or form constitute as medical or dietetic advice. I am not your nutritionist and you are not my patient. Please discuss anything you may learn from any of my health related posts with your doctor and nutritionist prior to making any related changes.

Love me or hate me I am who I am. It isn't going to change. Don't confuse a succinct response or commitment to accuracy as being cavalier or patronizing.

It's not something that I can find existing that is compatible for this software. With enough time and money, anything can be built custom, absolutely. I'm sure Craigslist and Facebook can do it, but that's completely different than doing the same thing here from scratch. But again, if someone can find it existing as a compatible software application or plugin, let me know.