Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Re: About the Forum Upgrade, New Look, and Path Forward

I totally agree on just ignoring them. If they don't get the attention they covet they will move somewhere else.

What about a sign up process where you have to authenticate new accounts via a text on a mobile phone? I don't know if that would be possible here but it would be a good way to keep the site free for the students who can't afford a membership fee/don't have a credit card but still auto-monitor new accounts. One account per mobile phone number type of deal.
    Disclaimer: Any nutritional or health related advice I give is well intentioned and intended for general educational purposes only that may or may not apply to your personal health situation. It does NOT in any way, shape or form constitute as medical or dietetic advice. I am not your nutritionist and you are not my patient. Please discuss anything you may learn from any of my health related posts with your doctor and nutritionist prior to making any related changes.

Love me or hate me I am who I am. It isn't going to change. Don't confuse a succinct response or commitment to accuracy as being cavalier or patronizing.

Quote Originally Posted by barbiegirl View Post
    I totally agree on just ignoring them. If they don't get the attention they covet they will move somewhere else.

What about a sign up process where you have to authenticate new accounts via a text on a mobile phone? I don't know if that would be possible here but it would be a good way to keep the site free for the students who can't afford a membership fee/don't have a credit card but still auto-monitor new accounts. One account per mobile phone number type of deal.
    This would work, Craigslist uses phone authentication to stop spammers.
    Taking a sabbatical from IES, moving on, and making concrete changes to live my life without fear.
    Friends know where to reach me.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by barbiegirl View Post

Oh I agree with Barbiegirl about the new accounts thing! Like new members have to be approved by a admin? I have joined some meetup groups that I have to get approved before joining the group. And I agree with ignoring them and everyone using their "report" buttons. ALthough I have never used oen I have had suspisions and they have seemed to be correct. I think you guys are doing pretty good!