Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Re: About the Forum Upgrade, New Look, and Path Forward

There's a free plugin for vbulletin called OnVerify - from the brief read I had of the features it's a OTP type service that sends a code to a mobile. The problem with these things is the ongoing cost of sending messages for verification.

Personally I think that any support forum should be able to be easily accessible to people. That's what we're here for right? To support each other? If we let the one or two people causing problems get in our way, we're at risk of preventing people who might be really in need of support from actually reaching it. I don't know about others, but certainly the reason I am here is because I don't really have people who understand what I am going through in my life. Support and care, yes, but don't really relate to it.

I haven't been on here for very long and when posts about drama and trolls and deception and such things came up, it was a bit unnerving especially not knowing any of the history. To think that you might be fooled or are at risk of being attacked or made fun of is of course not a nice thing and I can completely understand why people are upset over that particularly people who were targeted directly.

I agree with others - let's keep supporting each other and ignore the trolling.

Default Re: About the Forum Upgrade, New Look, and Path Forward

Thanks, good perspective laitka. I had seen that mod as well, but it's for an older version of vbulletin and it doesn't look like they have one for any more recent version. I suspect because there wasn't a significant market demand for it since I've never seen it in action, but who knows. But yep, there is the message sending cost too, so somehow that would need to be absorbed even if they do release a newer version. Good find though!