I think we should just ignore the trolls, too. It would be awful if people had their access restricted because they belong to a university network etc. And to be honest I think a dedicated troll WOULD pay $10 a year although perhaps would not create *quite* so many accounts. The problems we've had aren't due to a timewaster; they're due to someone with quite profound issues. So the best option is just to ignore people like that.

I don't think any of us would want someone banned because of a disagreement. Disagreements are usually fairly civil and quite quickly resolved; it's when intentional troublemaker(s) have got involved to make it a 'divide and rule' sort of situation that they get very out of hand (the vast majority of the major 'upset' threads in the past two years or so have had this sort of input, I'd say!!). Also I don't think any of us usual users would criticise the mods; it tends to be the troublemaker(s) who bitch about that.

I think we're all very grateful to have this support site here so thank you to all the admins and mods