Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I am happy to answer your questions on AllExperts.com

I am now the resident expert on AllExperts.com in the nausea & vomiting category. I am happy to answer any questions you have about nausea, vomiting, and emetophobia. In the past six months, I've answered questions about how to prevent vomiting, how to deal with gastroenteritis, what to do when a friend ODs on alcohol, and even what the difference is between wet burping and vomiting.

I hope to see questions from emets soon! Doug

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Nausea-Vomiting/#
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: I am happy to answer your questions on AllExperts.com

what do you have to do to be an expert on that website? just curious
    how i feel about emet

wow...thank you for the info

Olschesky, I think they picked me because I authored the Vomiting FAQ and have already been answering questions about nausea, vomiting, and emetophobia on the Internet for 15 years. Doug

What's the best anti emetic on prescription?

^ I have heard more good things about compazine than any of the others. YMMV. Doug

Doug,
    I just looked at some of the questions you have answered. Great job!! You are allways so helpfull.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but can't serious implications arise out of dispensing medical information on the internet if you're NOT a medical health professional? I'm sure most of what you're answering is relatively harmless, but still.
    Taking a sabbatical from IES, moving on, and making concrete changes to live my life without fear.
    Friends know where to reach me.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Awesome, thanks for letting us know Doug, that's great.

Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

Lizzo, there is a statement both in my FAQs and on AllExperts.com that the advice contained herein is not a substitute for professional advice. If you think you need a doctor, get one. Doug

Hi Doug.Thank you for your reply.What's the difference between Buscopan and Metoclopramide?Also,do you suffer with Emit?angelcat

Angelcat, Metoclopramide (Reglan) is primarily used in preventing nausea & vomiting in chemotherapy. A few emets have used it as an anti-emetic. I'm not aware of emets using Buscopan as an anti-emetic. It's mostly used to prevent digestive spasms. Other anti-emetics, such as Compazine and Phenergan are more popular with emets. Yes, I'm emet. Doug

What's your feeling about Tigan(Trimethobenzamide)? I've been on it for years. It's seems to work well, and I know it's prescribed for gastroenteritis. I've also used Compazine, it seems to work relatively well too.
    Life is a wonderful ride.

I am freaking out... my little brother started having diarrhea saturday morning at like 745 am... and its now monday 10:12 pm and i am just curious if you think i would have gotten the virus by now? I have a severe panic disorder and ocd and i have a severe phobia of vomitting i don't know what to do i am freaking out. the panic attacks and fears get so bad sometimes that i don't even want to live because i know one day i will puke again... i need help

Alice

I think people are misunderstanding. I posted a link to a web site where I answer questions. http://en.allexperts.com/q/Nausea-Vomiting/#

If you want everyone to answer your questions, please don't post them here. Post them in an appropriate forum of IES.

If you really want me to answer, you are welcome to ask here: http://en.allexperts.com/q/Nausea-Vomiting/#

Doug