Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Please participate in my psychology survey! (not related to emet)

From 0-40+, how many hours do you devote to work per week (or study and class time if you are a student)?
    On a scale of 1-10, (1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest) - How would you rate your stress level?

How many hours do you exercise per week?
    On a scale of 1-10, (1 being extremely fatigued, and 10 being very energetic) how would you rate your energy level throughout the day?
    Taking a sabbatical from IES, moving on, and making concrete changes to live my life without fear.
    Friends know where to reach me.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Please participate in my psychology survey! (not related to emet)

Well with work and school combined, 40+.
    I am at about a constant 7 stress level with some days lower, some higher.
    I honestly don't exercise often. It's been a few weeks. So I guess when averaged out about 2 hours a week. :/
    My level of energy is about 3-4. It also depends on the day.

Thank you!
    Taking a sabbatical from IES, moving on, and making concrete changes to live my life without fear.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm going to give you two answers for the last few, since I'm a but different than normal until I recover from my fall.

From 0-40+, how many hours do you devote to work per week (or study and class time if you are a student)?
    40 hours

On a scale of 1-10, (1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest) - How would you rate your stress level?
    Normally 3, with the recent concussion and meds 7.

Normally 3, with the recent concussion and meds I'm not allowed to break a sweat.

On a scale of 1-10, (1 being extremely fatigued, and 10 being very energetic) how would you rate your energy level throughout the day?
    Normally 9, with the recent concussion and meds 6.

You may find these links helpful!

Thanks Bonnie, i'll probably use the "normal" hours for you, as the concussion is a temporary thing !

I'm a student and I go to school 35 hours a week.

On average about 2 and a half hours

Quote Originally Posted by lizzo View Post

hermmmm if this was a test i totally failed xD
    no. 1: school hours: 35 ish
    no. 2: about 5-7
    no. 3: haha none i'm going to get so fat
    no. 4: 5? 8? idk
    Last edited by katherines6; 02-05-2012 at 07:54 PM. Reason: misunderstood a q

#1 School: 17hrs
    #2 stress= 5
    #3 exercise = 2
    #4 energy level= 6

1. I am in class around 13 hours per week and I focus on studies outside of class maybe half that? lol
    2. well given the circumstances and the rigorous med classes I'm taking, I'd say a 7.
    3. I don't exercise like at all. Although I do walk home from my bus stop about 2mi every other day if that counts. If it doesn't, then I'm an actual sloth
    4. 4...lol

1) I devote about 35 hours a week currently in my studies. This includes homework, class, and shooting

2) Stress level lately is a good 7.5-8 ...

3) No exercise. It's SO BAD and I am going to be getting my butt back at the gym. Energy usually a 6.

1) 40 hours a week of work.

2) 8

3) Not nearly as much as I should, I'd say about 4, though I do walk around and lift things constantly at work all day.

4) 6

1. With my recent attendance history (for class), honestly probably about 18 hours, if that.

2. My current stress level is about 5 or 6.

3. I alternate between runs and the gym each week (the gym is expensive, I'm broke!). Usually about 9-12 hours a week, with walks, runs, machines, bikes, etc.

4. About 3. I'm always ​fatigued. Always.

Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

40+ hours of work per week
    Stress: 7
    Exercise: 2-3 hours ish per week... it varies a lot depending on how much I am working and my pain level
    Energy: Ranges between a 2-4 depending again on how much time I am spending in the office, pain level and if I am sleeping or not.
    Disclaimer: Any nutritional or health related advice I give is well intentioned and intended for general educational purposes only that may or may not apply to your personal health situation. It does NOT in any way, shape or form constitute as medical or dietetic advice. I am not your nutritionist and you are not my patient. Please discuss anything you may learn from any of my health related posts with your doctor and nutritionist prior to making any related changes.

Love me or hate me I am who I am. It isn't going to change. Don't confuse a succinct response or commitment to accuracy as being cavalier or patronizing.

17 hours of class and study.
    stress: 8
    Exercise: I rarely exercise..
    Energy: 6

Thanks everyone! I have enough replies now. This study was simply more about learning how to conduct research as opposed to the actual results. I'm taking a research methods in psychology class, and the assignment recommends that I explain to you the purpose and results of my study after I have completed it.

My study attempted to examine positive correlation between two variables. I hypothesized that as work levels increase, so do stress levels. I also hypothesized in the second variable that as exercise levels increase, so does energy. I included data from this study as well as in-person reports and concluded that both variables were statistically significant. However, my findings resulted that as work levels decrease, so does stress levels. I found that most people who were employed an upwards of 40+ hours of work per week experienced less stress. However, this is not causation as there are other factors that contribute to stress and energy levels.

Also - this survey was very informal, so the results could be skewed a bit, lol.

From 0-40+, how many hours do you devote to work per week (or study and class time if you are a student)? 40
    On a scale of 1-10, (1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest) - How would you rate your stress level? 7

How many hours do you exercise per week? depends, 4-5 maybe??

On a scale of 1-10, (1 being extremely fatigued, and 10 being very energetic) how would you rate your energy level throughout the day? 6

From 0-40+, how many hours do you devote to work per week (or study and class time if you are a student)? Anything from 16 hours - 30.
    On a scale of 1-10, (1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest) - How would you rate your stress level? I'd say about 5-6. It can be higher or lower everynow and again.

How many hours do you exercise per week? Not alot, I go out places but I don't actually think "oh exercise".
    On a scale of 1-10, (1 being extremely fatigued, and 10 being very energetic) how would you rate your energy level throughout the day? It can vary, most days i'd say anything from between 5-8.

25 hours - student
    7- 60% due to emet 30% due to school 10% due to family issues.

0-I've been sick, Normally though its 1-2
    7-9 I'm usually quite energetic, though mono takes it's toll.
    Life is a wonderful ride.

- avg 50+ (workaholic much? plus additional time on the crackberry answering emails til all hours)
    - 1-2 if I can ... sigh
    - 6-7

and trying very much to change all 4 of those back to normal!!